A little tips for indentation in code block

kotat

Idea

I've found a little hint about indentation, so I want to share with. Maybe it's the issue that already explained somewhere else. If so, just ignore my post.

There is a difference between hit tab key simply vs. hit tab key with selected line(s). When I take the former way the indentation is applied only the one line, so next line doesn't hold indentation. However, taking the latter way, the indentation was kept on if changing line. This is the same difference between using tab key vs. Ctrl+M key on the version of Windows Client.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-06-10 at 2:06 PM, kotat said:

There is a difference between hit tab key simply vs. hit tab key with selected line(s). When I take the former way the indentation is applied only the one line, so next line doesn't hold indentation.

On my Mac, the tab key inserts 4 spaces
If I use the select lines and use the tab key, my selected data is replaced with 4 spaces

On 2017/6/11 at 7:21 AM, DTLow said:

my selected data is replaced with 4 lines

I'm little bit cofusing. What is exactly the meaning of "4 lines" ? As if use return key four times? If you say so, that is somehow wierd outcome.

And maybe it's just a misunderstood because of my bad English...

Below images are what I said on this post.

simple_tab.jpg.ef58701d79a4fa9f79c7daa450ee9ac6.jpgselect_and_tab.jpg.edf49370fcbcc03e42a7105cdd6be718.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kotat said:

What is exactly the meaning of "4 lines" ? As if use return key four times? If you say so, that is somehow wierd outcome

Sorry, that was a typing error.  Using the tab key replaces my selected text with 4 spaces

Archived