How to use Evernote to log all the discussions with client in gmail?

Runy

Hey guys,

Whenever I work with clients I create a project like CALMERA Project in Evernote and I use tags to tag. 

I have been experiencing a problem when people reply on these mails. Because the next notes do not get into my Evernote book any more.

CALMERA is a note book in Evernote. #leon is the name of the person #2016 is the tag of year 2016.

I create an email with the subject @CALMERA Project This email is about progress #leon #2016.

I put everything in the body plus attachment. I send it to the client client@gmail.com and I cc my evernote email eg myemail.evernote.com

This email and note will end up in the notebook CALMERA and I see the topic called Project This email is about progress. And I see tags 2016 and leon.

But when the client replies to my email and the topic becomes FW @CALMERA Project This email is about progress #leon #2016 I do not see the emails anymore in my notebook.

Evernote does not recognize the @ anymore.... because there is a FW in front of it..... HELP.....

I NEED THIS TO WORK.

How to fix it?

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Runy said:

But when the client replies to my email and the topic becomes FW @CALMERA Project This email is about progress #leon #2016 I do not see the emails anymore in my notebook.

Evernote does not recognize the @ anymore.... because there is a FW in front of it

The @notebook parameter has to be at the end of the subject, not the beginning
The subject would be:    This email is about progress @CALMERA #leon #2016

Having the FW in front should have no impact

Are you sure when the client replies, they cc your Evernote email?

Thanks so much! Putting it at the end makes sense. Will try that.

I asked the client to always reply all. That way the cc will continue to be filled in automatically.

• Level 5*

Specific format is email subject followed by reminder if you want to set one (!yyyy/mm/dd) followed by notebook if you want to set one (@notebook), followed by tags if you want to add any (#tag1 #tag2 ....).  You can add all or note of the terms, just in the above sequence.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Runy said:

Ok cshilling. Thanks. Great. I did not know the set date.

Ok this post is closed. I will use that.

You are welcome.

Archived