BUG

DanielStroupArt

Idea

1) When using webclipper in Chrome to capture a screenshot on Twitter or Instagram, after I take the screenshot the page is either refreshed or I'm taken to the top of the page. As a result, If I've scrolled down 2-3 days, I'm then transported back to the beginning. This is a problem when scrolling through thousands of images. The page should remain exactly where I took the screenshot.

2) The other issue is, why doesn't webclipper remember my last action? In other words I have to manually select which notebook it goes in every single time. If I'm clipping art to the notebook "art", the default notebook presented is "recipes" no matter how many clippings in a row I clip to "art". 

This seems basic to me.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Open the web clipper Options window to default to last action or choose 'smart' filing or a default notebook.  Have you tried highlighting the images you clip and using 'selection' rather than screenshot? 

Thank you Gazumped...That solved the 'last notebook used' issue. DOH!

However, when I highlight or select an instagram post and open webclipper, the photo goes white and is saves as a black-blank note. I can save it correctly using screenshot, but then the page refreshes to the top post. Same thing happens on Twitter. The only workaround is to open the users profile and take a screenshot from there, but it's an extra step I hope I can avoid. After scrolling through dozens or hundreds of photos, I don't want to have to try and get back to where I was.

• Level 5*

Instagram are a little picky about external access to their pictures I notice - there may be a block on Evernote grabbing content direct.  If I right-click on a picture on my screen there's no 'save picture as' option (which there would normally be for a pic) and the URL of that image is something different from the page - typically

https: // www.instagram.com/p/ BVH_Giih-o3/?taken-by=<user>  (Extra spaces added to stop that annoying link thing...)

Unless it's worth it to Evernote (and actually possible) to build a specific import utility for Instagram,  I don't think you'll be able to avoid opening the profile... :(

Archived