New Note Appears in Sidebar

Jrun

Idea

Hi there,

It is very frustrating when I create a new note (in a notebook with many notes) and the note snippet does not appear in the sidebar -- instead, I must either scroll or search to view the note snippet. The user should automatically be taken to the note snippet in the sidebar once created. I hope this makes sense! It would make duplicating or moving the note MUCH easier.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  When you create a new note in many cases it is possible to choose the notebook and tags before closing it.  I think I'd find my workflow disrupted if I got dumped in the sidebar every time I save/ close a note - that's often the last step in a  process,  just before I start working on the next item.  :(

Hi @gazumped, thanks for your response. Typically I create new notes in the notebook where I want them. So, in that case, it would make sense that the snippet appears in the sidebar and then one can perform options on the snippet (thinking of it like an email message in a sidebar).

Hi @Jrun, i dont know what version you are using but when I create a new note it is automatically selected in the notebook i am in the snippet and grid view. i do not have to scroll or search. 

@RonF93 Yes, when I create a note, and it is originally listed as "Untitled," it is selected in the snippet view. However, once a title is added, it disappears into the list per my sorting and then I have to scroll or search to find it. I'm using Evernote for Mac, latest version.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jrun said:

@RonF93 Yes, when I create a note, and it is originally listed as "Untitled," it is selected in the snippet view. However, once a title is added, it disappears into the list per my sorting and then I have to scroll or search to find it. I'm using Evernote for Mac, latest version.

You might want to enable Recent Notes in the sidebar593f2037a61f9_ScreenShot2017-06-12at16_13_15.png.3d6ca2248a3a797f5046da32c9783729.png

My sort seuence is update date descending, so new notes are at the top of my note list

When I create a new note, I'm positioned at the new note in the note list

Archived