Baffling search results

I believe I'm using the correct search operator to find specific information in a Title field but I just got 72 files with only 3 that contained the search string.  The only way II found those three files, without scrolling all 72, was to sort them by Title.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong!  

EV search 2.jpg

• Level 5*

14 minutes ago, mikecox39 said:

I believe I'm using the correct search operator to find specific information in a Title field but I just got 72 files with only 3 that contained the search string.  The only way II found those three files, without scrolling all 72, was to sort them by Title.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong!  

You're using intitle: CC&R

You have a space after intitle:    There shouldn't be a space; it means the search is no longer restricted to the title

Evernote's Search feature ignores special characters like &

Thanks, I thought I'd tried it both ways but I guess I didn't, I did notice the ampersand was missing in the search string but I didn't realize why.  Thanks.

Still not getting email notifications. I thought I'd ticked all the necessary notification options, I'll check then again.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mikecox39 said:

Thanks, I thought I'd tried it both ways but I guess I didn't, I did notice the ampersand was missing in the search string but I didn't realize why.  Thanks.

Still not getting email notifications. I thought I'd ticked all the necessary notification options, I'll check then again.

Yeah, intitle:"CC&R" should do a better job for you.  The quotes will force EN to look for CC R in your titles, and CC&R will be found as a result for that search (& becomes a space in essence).  

BTW, cc&r works with or without the quotes, just a good habit for multi word intitle searches.  Somehow special characters in a search seem to create a "word' with a space in it.  I think anyway.

Archived