naresh@medyty.com

TO DO tasks: Date wise segregation

Idea

Hello,

I have recently subscribed to the  premium version of Evernote and loving it everyday.

However got a feedback to the team which I feel will help the users. That is on the to do tasks on notes.

While Iam able to add the checkboxes on the notes, I feel it will be helpful if the application can add the dates of creating these to do tasks automatically and the date on which they have been marked completed. This I feel will help the users get to know the time taken (in days atleast) for completion of tasks which can help us better plan.

This of course can be a configurable item at the set up level.

I look forward to see if this can be taken up by the dev team.

Regards

3 replies to this idea

On 2017-06-01 at 9:55 PM, naresh@medyty.com said:

While I am able to add the checkboxes on the notes, I feel it will be helpful if the application can add the dates of creating these to do tasks automatically and the date on which they have been marked completed. This I feel will help the users get to know the time taken (in days atleast) for completion of tasks which can help us better plan.

I don't find the checkboxes that useful for task management

My process is to use a separate note for each task.
I make use of the Reminder feature to record Start Date
And additional benefit is that the Reminder feature also indicates completion status and records completion date

Ok. That means for a guy like me into IT and operations have multiple tasks to be done which are planned ofcourse. Hence for every activity I can't afford to create multiple notes and feel it will be a huge list to manage daily. 

2 hours ago, naresh@medyty.com said:

it will be a huge list to manage daily. 

Evernote produces the list based on search criteria

I have shortcuts for various task lists
The criteria for my Current Task list is     reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*
                                                                 all tasks             exclude future dated   exclude completed

For my Daily JournaI; I use the copy links function to insert this list593d68d2a0655_ScreenShot2017-06-11at8_58_47AM.png.0a576d8ee7df29dac41b11328f8688b5.png
I add boxes to check off tasks during the day