Gmail Clipping Feature Request

I have been using the Evernote Web Clipper for Chrome to clip emails from Gmail for several years.  I have a feature request.

When I clip a Gmail thread that has several replies, the clipped email becomes unwieldy because the Web Clipper expands the "trimmed content" in each email before clipping.  I would like the Web Clipper to be able to clip the email thread without expanding the trimmed content.

In other words, each time a person replies to an email thread, all of the previous replies to the thread are copied at the bottom of the new reply.  Because this becomes unworkable in lengthy threads, Gmail has a feature called "trimmed content," which collapses all of the previous replies and doesn't display them in the thread.  If you want to see the previous replies, you can click on a small ellipsis icon (three dots) at the end of each reply, which will display the trimmed content.

When you use the Evernote Web Clipper to clip a thread, the clipper expands the trimmed content in each reply before clipping.  This makes it very difficult to read long clipped threads in Evernote, because each reply is re-copied every time there is a new reply to the thread.  I have attached an example image demonstrating what I mean if my explanation is not clear.  Obviously, with realistic length replies the problem is exacerbated geometrically.

Please add a feature to the Evernote Web Clipper that will allow for clipping of Gmail threads without including "trimmed content" (i.e., redundant replies).  Thank you.

Hard to Read Emails.png

Archived