Introducing 'Templates' for Evernote Read more... ×
Notebook Limit Increase Read more... ×

Hello! I am new to Evernote. Would someone answer a few questions?

1. Is there no ability to create a notebook cover?

2. Is there ability to organize notebooks that are in the stack?

3. What is this "deeper more powerful search" offered in the premium services and how exactly does the search differ using the plus service and the premium service?

4. In creating a notebook, I saw the ability to share it but there was no ability that I saw to make it private. Can I assume then, that it is private by default?

5. Is there no customization of paper in the notebooks?

Thank you!

16 hours ago, Stacks upon Stacks said:

No notebook covers592f1c0c132d3_ScreenShot2017-05-31at12_39_41PM.png.91d7a5ebd1c09039b33dd808cabf8aae.png
In fact, on Macs the notebooks are just text

>>2. Is there ability to organize notebooks that are in the stack?

No, the notebooks are listed in alpha order

3. What is this "deeper more powerful search" offered in the premium services and how exactly does the search differ using the plus service and the premium service?

From the documentation  at https://evernote.com/pricing/

• Search for text in PDFs 
  • Search for text in Office docs

4. In creating a notebook, I saw the ability to share it but there was no ability that I saw to make it private. 592f1dac5d29d_ScreenShot2017-05-31at12_46_10PM.png.c358138edd612674846076d85ceb84ac.png
Can I assume then, that it is private by default?

Yes; in fact creating a notebook on my Mac gives two options

No
Notebooks and Tags are simply a collection of notes
You could look at templates for notes

16 hours ago, Stacks upon Stacks said:

Hello! I am new to Evernote. Would someone answer a few questions?

Thank you!

Hi, Stacks, and welcome to Evernote and to the forums! Though Evernote uses a "note" and "notebook" metaphor for what it does, the "notes" don't visually resemble what one can get (for instance) in some Android note-taking apps such as Color Note or S-Note. That is to say, they don't actually look like notes written on physical notepaper bound in a physical notebook. Esthetically, it would be nice if they did. But Evernote's focus is more on function than on looks (please, no loud eye-rolling from the multitudes!). On the other hand, there are lots of ways to grab information and put it into notes, including taking pics on mobile devices and capturing screens and saving Websites on computers. I encourage you to explore the possibilities. There are limits, but there's a good deal of flexibility, and people find all sorts of different ways to use Evernote.