Evernote for Mac 6.11.1 GA

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi folks,

Today we're announcing Evernote for Mac, version 6.11.1 GA. You can download it here. This release addresses issues some users were encountering with the note editor in version 6.11. Thanks to the Beta community's support in helping providing feedback on this dot release. As always please let us know if you have any feedback or spot any issues with this release. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Mac Team

--------------

Evernote for Mac 6.11.1

We've fixed several issues people were having with notes:
- Some notes created in Evernote for Mac would not render after sync
- Some tables lost formatting after updating Evernote to 6.11
- Pasting a line of text would add an additional line break
- Some full width dividers from other clients were not shown as full width
- Some pasted content were missing styles

49 replies to this idea

It seems on the notes with distorted images within Mac OSX version that if you make any edit at all, even just a space at the end of the note, the pic just corrects itself to the proper dimensions. Of course I can't go do that to 6,000 notes but that's what I've found through trial and error. Just FYI.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Scott Fillmer said:

Thanks for your suggestion to attach the ENEX file, I tried but it wouldn't let me upload the file because they were all over the max .49mb file size total

The limit for forum attachments that I see is 2MB:

2017-06-03_20-12-49.png.45a29ccecbf4fc1518933a4e5ea39b06.png

If you zip the ENEX you should be able to get it under 2MB, unless you have many images in the Note.  It would be best to use a Note with only one image, and then also attach the image separately.

19 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

The limit for forum attachments that I see is 2MB:

2017-06-03_20-12-49.png.45a29ccecbf4fc1518933a4e5ea39b06.png

If you zip the ENEX you should be able to get it under 2MB, unless you have many images in the Note.  It would be best to use a Note with only one image, and then also attach the image separately.

unfortunately this is what I see on my end, 0.49MB... and it's about impossible to post a file in that size that contains a photo (I tried to compress but it still didn't getting small enough)

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 3.49.19 PM.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Scott Fillmer said:

unfortunately this is what I see on my end, 0.49MB

Wow!  That is surprising.  Maybe it is because you are a new forum member . . .  :(

If you have a DropBox or other online account, maybe you could upload the ENEX there, and post a link here.

• Level 5*
On 2017-06-03 at 6:04 PM, Scott Fillmer said:

If there is another way to upload the file I'll be happy to do so. SF

You could store your information in an Evernote note, and then post the URL to the note as in  Sample Note

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Hey @DTLow, how's 6.11.1 working out for you?  Any issues?  Prior bugs fixed?

I'm having no problems with this version.  

I'm not the best example; we're mostly an MS shop and most of my notes are attachments in Word or pdf format. My actual notes tend to be quite basic/simple

I have noticed with cut/paste between formats I almost always get some distortion.

• Level 5*

BUG REPORT:  Table Format NOT Retained when Pasted Into Word 2011
Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.11.6

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open attached Word 2011 file
  2. Copy table
  3. Paste into EN Mac
  4. Observe table format IS preserved
  5. Copy table in EN Mac
  6. Paste into Word 2011
  7. Observe table format is NOT preserved in Word 2011

Attached: Word 2011 File
Word 2011 Table in a Table.docx.zip

Screenshot of ORIGINAL Table in Word 2011

2017-06-07_20-02-59.png.add68aeb79548cd1df45fa611a005422.png

Screenshot of Table in EN Mac 6.11.1

2017-06-07_20-24-47.png.c27686e16c93855e5e9dc1d2e52cac60.png

Screenshot of Table from EN Mac Pasted into Word 2011

5938a7b0a7a35_2017-06-07_20-02-59(1).png.9f799cbaba85e99c3648fdc6f0a0a42c.png

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You can attach the file to a note, generate a public link and post the url to your note as in Sample Note

here is a public link to the note example... https://www.evernote.com/l/AAUI-Rz4VPJKLpSFFvm0ZPB2uXkc-h8muCk

since it shows correctly in all devices except the Mac OSX version it looks fine when you click on the link and view it via web.

Also, I've messed around with a few test notes that were "shared to EN from iOS" and some of them when you mess with the note a while suddenly has the image render in the correct proportions, but I can't figure out what causes it to revert to normal.

2 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Important:  For now, do not make any changes to the problem notes in EN Mac.  It is most likely just a display problem which can be fixed with the next EN Mac update.  If you make a change now in EN Mac Note, it may cause the distortion to be permanent.

However, the issue may also lie with EN iOS 8.  I am still using EN iOS 7.17.1 on my iPhone 6+, and I just ran two tests which showed no problems:

1. Scanned a document with EN iOS 7
  2. Imported a picture from my iOS Photos into EN iOS 7
  3. Sync'd EN iOS, and then EN Mac 6.11.1

Both images displayed properly in both EN iOS 7 and EN Mac 6.11.1 (after sync).
Both images scaled properly as I changed the window size in EN Mac 6.11.1

So, just guessing, the way images are stored has been changed in EN iOS 8, but the corresponding change for proper display has NOT been changed in EN Mac 6.11.1.

@Scott Fillmer, I'd suggest that you post an ENEX file here of one of the Notes with a distorted image.  This should help the Evernote Devs resolve the issue.

@JMichaelTX thanks for the suggestions, once I realized it was distorted only in the Mac view I didn't touch any of the notes affected. I'm using iOS 8.2.2 and of course OSX 6.11.1 so I didn't think about it as a possible issue with the iOS. Thanks for your suggestion to attach the ENEX file, I tried but it wouldn't let me upload the file because they were all over the max .49mb file size total (i even tried to compress the file) because of the image I'm guessing. If there is another way to upload the file I'll be happy to do so. SF

Where do I send a question about web clipper and my devices?  The items I web clipped don't appear on my iPhone, iMac, MacBook Air in the Evernote app.  All that appears is what is on my iMac and HP that I enter from those two devices.  I can sign in to Evernote in the cloud from my iMac to see what I have clipped, but my iPhone won't let me see that same cloud information.  How do I get the cloud and what's on my devices to sync?  It all boils down to the last question.  Thanks for solving this little problem.

Where do I send a question about web clipper and my devices?  The items I web clipped don't appear on my iPhone, iMac, MacBook Air in the Evernote app.  All that appears is what is on my iMac and HP that I enter from those two devices.  I can sign in to Evernote in the cloud from my iMac to see what I have clipped, but my iPhone won't let me see that same cloud information.  How do I get the cloud and what's on my devices to sync?  It all boils down to the last question.  Thanks for solving this little problem.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mlmetz5612114 said:

Where do I send a question about web clipper and my devices?

You can post in the General Discussion Forum    https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/53-evernote-general-discussions/?do=add

>>How do I get the cloud and what's on my devices to sync?

The servers (cloud) are the hub from which data is synced to the devices
The web clipper saves to the servers

For me, the device syncing is automatic, I didn't have to do anything ecept set up the same accout id on each platform
On the Mac, you could force a sync by clicking on the sync icon  593eb41be0a5b_ScreenShot2017-06-12at8_31_41AM.png.925803d065c455d0f6e0f06af7982a04.png

On 6/12/2017 at 6:18 AM, Scott Fillmer said:

It seems on the notes with distorted images within Mac OSX version that if you make any edit at all, even just a space at the end of the note, the pic just corrects itself to the proper dimensions. Of course I can't go do that to 6,000 notes but that's what I've found through trial and error. Just FYI.

Thank you for all the info (and your testing) along with the Public Note and Screen Shot.  The information has been handed off to Dev.   We''ll like to use that note in future testing to ensure it stays fixed.  Also this is fixed in the next major update of the editor - not sure if a patch for 6.11 will happen before then 

• Level 5*

Indenting (tab) checkboxes inside a table cell doesn't work - in fact nothing seems to happen.

Update: there's a horrible keyboard shortcut (shift+cmd+] which is even worse than the standard Mac OS shortcut) or you can use the format text menu.

On 6/21/2017 at 3:50 AM, Metrodon said:

Indenting (tab) checkboxes inside a table cell doesn't work - in fact nothing seems to happen.

Update: there's a horrible keyboard shortcut (shift+cmd+] which is even worse than the standard Mac OS shortcut) or you can use the format text menu.

How are you trying to Indent? Tab Key? - if so that is used for navigation (which might not be optimal) 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

How are you trying to Indent? Tab Key? - if so that is used for navigation (which might not be optimal) 

Then how are we supposed to indent (text, lists) in a table cell?

• Level 5*
On 23/06/2017 at 3:40 PM, Jason Miller said:

Yup I was tabbing. It's a pretty horrible shortcut but once you know it's there.....not particularly intuitive for new users.

On 6/25/2017 at 10:45 PM, Eversince2008 said:

Hello, Since I have made the update today, Evernote is super slow, even for writing a few words...:(

I work on a MacBook Air, with an excellent internet access

Sorry about that, Dev is working on some performance problems, if you have a sample note where this problem is most obvious you can share with Support and we can include it in our testing. 

Actually I thought I had solved the problem (a note that was too long). But actually it is not the problem. Evernote is definitely unstable and get stucked very easily. Closing the app and reopening does not really solve the pb. Restarting the mac solve the problem but for a limited period of time..

6 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

I get the same results for both EN Mac 6.9.2 and 6.11.1, both running on macOS 10.11.6.  All text is removed along with all images except the first, and the first image is stretched disproportionately,

My fault; I should have mentioned it.

No, other things beside the first image are not removed; they are just obscured by the first image, which is indeed "stretched disproportionately" to cover the whole page.

Remove the first image, and you'll see, uhh, the 2nd image, also stretched disproportionately to cover the whole page, and so on. The text would be revealed once you remove all the images. 

The screenshots I gave in the earlier post mentioned above, and the examples in the public folder I set up yesterday, have all gone through the same "pre-processing" in order to show what is wrong with the newest betas.

The "stretched images covering the whole page" issue is unique to Guardian, and has been there since as far back as I can remember. I blame Guardian for it, and I've set up a Keyboard Maestro shortcut to make dealing with them easier.

The "paragraphs being crammed together without separating lines" issue, on the other hand, is new, starting from 6.10 betas. And it's the one that force me to stay with 6.9.2.  It's partially fixed in a later beta, so simplifying a page clipped from the New York Times website, for example, is no longer a problem. The problem nevertheless persists with all pages clipped from the Guardian.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Today we're announcing Evernote for Mac, version 6.11.1 GA.

Great!  I look forward to it.  Thanks again for all the quick responses and hard work from the entire team.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Today we're announcing Evernote for Mac, version 6.11.1 GA

✅  I can report this bug was fixed:

On 4/18/2017 at 0:03 PM, JMichaelTX said:

BUG REPORT:  Table Looses All Formatting when Pasted from MS Word 2011 
Evernote 6.11 GA on macOS 10.11.6

The Paste works perfectly in Ver 6.9.2.

One regression I've reported many times (starting back with 6.10 beta 3) is still there:

• The problem of "Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns" hasn't been fully fixed. 

The issue was at least acknowledged (by Johnathan, IIRC) once, but has never been fixed.

Guess I'll have to stay with 6.9.2, again, since it's not even mentioned in the release notes. Sad!

3 hours ago, mwang said:

One regression I've reported many times (starting back with 6.10 beta 3) is still there:

• The problem of "Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns" hasn't been fully fixed. 

The issue was at least acknowledged (by Johnathan, IIRC) once, but has never been fixed.

Guess I'll have to stay with 6.9.2, again, since it's not even mentioned in the release notes. Sad!

Thanks for mentioning this. Can you provide an ENEX file where simplify formatting removes returns, or point me to another thread where you provided one?

Also, can you clarify what you expect to happen when you choose "simplify formatting"? It is supposed to adjust the underlying HTML of the note in such a way that it makes it more predictable and well-behaved while editing. For some complex notes, it is difficult to simplify it in such a way that accomplishes both (1) the exact same rendered look and feel of the note and (2) a predictable and well-behaved editing experience. For example, if you copy the entire yahoo homepage or the ny times homepage and paste it into a note, it will have a quirky editing experience because of the heavy complexity of the underlying HTML. However, if you simplify it, it will be more well-behaved, but the look and feel of the note will have changed.

In other words, are you expecting "simplify formatting" to have no effect at all on the way the note renders?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, mwang said:

Could you please provide an example, with URL, of this so I can test.

@Johnathan Hebert & @JMichaelTX, thanks for following up. More details can be found in one of my earlier posts (with screenshots):

Apologies to Johnathan though, for it's Jason who responded, not Johnathan.

I've just set up a public notebook (first time doing this, hope it works as expected) with examples, for anyone who wants to take a look. Please read my description in the post quoted above if you can't see anything wrong.

• Level 5*

Issue with Simplify Formatting

Running Evernote 6.11.1 on macOS 10.11.6.
Evernote Web Clipper 6.12.1 (Chrome)

This is a very strange result that I have never seen before.
When I simplify format of a Chrome Evernote Web Clipper 6.12.1 capture of this page:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/26/united-airlines-girls-leggings-shannon-watts
(same web page used by @mwang above).

I get the same results for both EN Mac 6.9.2 and 6.11.1, both running on macOS 10.11.6.  All text is removed along with all images except the first, and the first image is stretched disproportionately, like this:

1C050D11-75A5-4C3A-8686-BEEA465B31C1.png.5b17c440b9b292c9ad2bf57279c01be3.png
If I delete the first image BEFORE I simply format, then it works well.

ENEX files before and after are attached.
Again, same behavior on both EN Mac 6.9.2 and 6.11.1, but ENEX are from 6.9.2.

Before Simplify Format theguardian.com 2017-06-02.enex

Simplify Format of thegurdian.com EN Mac 6.9.2 2017-06-02.enex

I can report that v6.11.1 has NOT RESOLVED ONE OF THE MANY ISSUES (I've lost count but let's say its around 10) that I have raised with Evernote over the last few months and which has been the subject of an inordinate amount of correspondence and effort.

Furthermore, in a cruel twist of fate, the very note that I set up to manage the myriad of issues that I have raised can now be used to consistently hang the entire Evernote application through nothing more than a simple de-indent associated with a numbered list.

Here's a screen shot showing the pitiful status of the issues that I have raised. Evernote should be utterly embarrassed that this is the best they can do after 10+ years of software development.

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 8.03.05 am.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Stuart G said:

Here's a screen shot showing the pitiful status of the issues that I have raised

Would it be possible for you to copy/paste this list as text, so we can respond to each issue individually?

Also, for those that you state "does not resolve any of the issues in this video", could you please list the actual issues.  I'm sure Evernote will need to know the details to resolve the issue, and it is always best to make it as easy as possible for them (and us) to understand the issue.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

ISSUE:  Font and Style Are NOT Retained in Tables when adding New Row/Column

2017-06-03_18-03-15.png.3bc0459a95c45911fd2c5a3b8d1bc08c.png

Just now, JMichaelTX said:
2 hours ago, DashingDave said:

However, when creating a new line in the table, either by tabbing or by right-clicking --> Tables --> Insert Row, the new row–whether it's inserted above or below–reverts to the choice of default Note Text font (under the Font tab of the Preferences window):

I can confirm this behavior in Evernote 6.11.1 on macOS 10.11.6.

I agree, after have set the font and style for the entire table, the font and style should be retained when adding or inserting a row or column.

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

Would it be possible for you to copy/paste this list as text, so we can respond to each issue individually?

Also, for those that you state "does not resolve any of the issues in this video", could you please list the actual issues.  I'm sure Evernote will need to know the details to resolve the issue, and it is always best to make it as easy as possible for them (and us) to understand the issue.

Thanks.

Appreciate the offer for assistance with the issues but the purpose of the post was simply to make it clear that the recent update has done nothing to assist with the myriad of issues that I have identified. These have already been raised, verified by Evernote Support, assigned ticket numbers and, I am told, are being addressed by the Evernote dev team.

The problem is that after months of fiffaffing around with these they still are not fixed. Many of these have also been raised by others in the forums so I don't think providing the details again is going to help solve them (in fact there is so much repetition on these forums of the same issues I doubt that Evernote even bother reading the forum posts anymore - I certainly know from my experience they don't).

These are clear software development issues that only developers can fix. It just requires that Evernote management make it their priority instead of what I can only assume is misdirection in getting them to keep messing around with the UI and migrating to Google cloud platforms so that the CEO can help his buddies back at Google.

... in the meantime I'll keep waiting for all these alleged wonderful new features the recent refactoring is meant to produce but hoping that they really just get a basic note editor working like it should have been at least 5 years ago (you know something is awry when a 10+ yr old software company in the business of note taking gets excited about an update that provides working tables! .. now we just need them to get numbered lists working and we can have a real party).

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Many of these have also been raised by others in the forums so I don't think providing the details again is going to help solve them

Since they are issues you have raised, you can choose whether or not to be as helpful as possible.  Regardless of how many times previously posted, or raised by others, if you make it easy, in THIS thread, for the devs to see the details, by either re-posting, or better, by providing a link to the original post that has full details, then you increase the likelihood of Evernote taking action.

You also increase the likelihood of users like me also testing and confirming the issue.  I don't have time to search the forum for your posts to find the issues.  So, until/if you post a link here, I will ignore your issues.

Maybe your issues have not been fixed (who knows?), but many other issues have been fixed, and the Evernote team has responded in an excellent manner to our posts about issues/bugs in EN Mac 6.11.  I'm still testing, but so far 6.11.1 looks like it has fixed all material bugs that affect my workflow.

27 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Since they are issues you have raised, you can choose whether or not to be as helpful as possible.  Regardless of how many times previously posted, or raised by others, if you make it easy, in THIS thread, for the devs to see the details, by either re-posting, or better, by providing a link to the original post that has full details, then you increase the likelihood of Evernote taking action.

You also increase the likelihood of users like me also testing and confirming the issue.  I don't have time to search the forum for your posts to find the issues.  So, until/if you post a link here, I will ignore your issues.

Maybe your issues have not been fixed (who knows?), but many other issues have been fixed, and the Evernote team has responded in an excellent manner to our posts about issues/bugs in EN Mac 6.11.  I'm still testing, but so far 6.11.1 looks like it has fixed all material bugs that affect my workflow.

Oh geez, here we go again. Another Guru thinking that he owns the forum. Please Indy, read my reply to you again. I don't want your help. I didn't ask for your help. I don't need your help. You can't help - you are not an Evernote developer. I know that hurts but this is not about you. What is the point on asking for verification from you of issues that Evernote themselves have already verified!? 

You will see that my post was in reply to Chantal's request for feedback which I provided in the spirit of helping Evernote see a perspective from a typical Evernote user which you are most certainly not. I doubt that any Guru who lives their lives on the Evernote forums is going to provide an impartial user perspective. I am truly happy that you are happy with Evernote but I can assure you that I am not, as many others are not - HINT: There is a reason that the iOS app hasn't climbed above 2 stars since v8 was released.

Try not to be offended that I don't want your help. Just move onto someone that needs it. I won't be offended if you do. .... Anyway, I know you love to have the last word so away you go ... 

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

I don't want your help. I didn't ask for your help. I don't need your help. You can't help - you are not an Evernote developer.

OK, you got it, or rather, you won't get it.  LOL

To be blunt, I was not just trying to help you, I was trying to help all of us.  If there are issues with EN Mac 6.11.1, then we all need to know about them, and, I think, want them to be fixed.  If you don't want to be helpful, that's up to you.  And you can definitely have the last word, because I'm done here.  Have a nice day.

21 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

When I simplify format of a Chrome Evernote Web Clipper 6.12.1 capture of this page:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/26/united-airlines-girls-leggings-shannon-watts

I get the same results for both EN Mac 6.9.2 and 6.11.1, both running on macOS 10.11.6.  All text is removed along with all images except the first, and the first image is stretched disproportionately, like this:

I am getting images like this now on my Mac version since updating for all entries that were "shared" from my iOS device to Evernote. I have a few THOUSAND notes that this affected, PLEASE tell me there is a fix for this? I am systematically moving all my DayOne App entries to Evernote little at a time (have 7,000+ entries over there) so all my data is in one area, but now all the entries have corrupted photos like this? My text seems fine, it's just the photos that are completely distorted.

These images render correctly on my iOS devices, and on the Chrome web version of EN, but none on my Mac. Please help, thanks. SF

On 02/06/2017 at 9:35 PM, JMichaelTX said:

I'm seeing stretched images where I haven't simplified formatting. I actually noticed this in 6.11.1 beta 2 but I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently. I'm finding it happens most of the time with images scanned using the EN iOS app, but not always. I'm also seeing it with many imported JPEGs and PNGs.

Here's an example, with the actual image below for comparison:

screenshot.thumb.png.be01453c8546df5f9dafbde050eeb1e7.png

59331d20dd72e_EvernoteSnapshot20170415110319.thumb.jpg.dd5a6da6a62a57e0b6e896a5c9c56479.jpg

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, doonyakka said:

I'm also seeing it with many imported JPEGs and PNGs.

Can you please attach one of these images that consistently does not display properly after import to EN Mac 6.11.1?

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

Can you please attach one of these images that consistently does not display properly after import to EN Mac 6.11.1?

I can't consistently reproduce the issue, but the screenshot and image I attached above were imported to EN Mac 6.10. Here's the same issue with a scan from the iOS app, which I just created (the ENEX is attached below):

screenshot.thumb.png.2842f11e56b2f949a64486755656b6b2.png593328249b0fe_EvernoteSnapshot20170603231916.thumb.png.9c425641e69f7008c7ebad8be6fe0080.png

note.enex

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, doonyakka said:

I can't consistently reproduce the issue, but the screenshot and image I attached above was imported to EN Mac 6.11.10. Here's the same issue with a scan from the iOS app, which I just created:

Thanks for posting your images.  I saved both images to a file, and then imported each into separate Notes in EN Mac 6.11.1.

Both images displayed fine.  Maybe the issue is how EN iOS is capturing/storing the images.

Just now, JMichaelTX said:

Thanks for posting your images.  I saved both images to a file, and then imported each into separate Notes in EN Mac 6.11.1.

Both images displayed fine.  Maybe the issue is how EN iOS is capturing/storing the images.

It could be an EN iOS issue, but my first post in this thread was about images that I'd imported directly into EN Mac 6.10, so it seems unlikely to me.

Interestingly, if I cut a stretched image from a note in the Mac client and then paste it back in (even into the same note), it displays fine. Not sure how to interpret that, but it caught my attention.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Scott Fillmer said:

I am getting images like this now on my Mac version since updating for all entries that were "shared" from my iOS device to Evernote. I have a few THOUSAND notes that this affected, PLEASE tell me there is a fix for this? I am systematically moving all my DayOne App entries to Evernote little at a time (have 7,000+ entries over there) so all my data is in one area, but now all the entries have corrupted photos like this? My text seems fine, it's just the photos that are completely distorted.

These images render correctly on my iOS devices, and on the Chrome web version of EN, but none on my Mac. Please help, thanks. SF

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Important:  For now, do not make any changes to the problem notes in EN Mac.  It is most likely just a display problem which can be fixed with the next EN Mac update.  If you make a change now in EN Mac Note, it may cause the distortion to be permanent.

However, the issue may also lie with EN iOS 8.  I am still using EN iOS 7.17.1 on my iPhone 6+, and I just ran two tests which showed no problems:

1. Scanned a document with EN iOS 7
  2. Imported a picture from my iOS Photos into EN iOS 7
  3. Sync'd EN iOS, and then EN Mac 6.11.1

Both images displayed properly in both EN iOS 7 and EN Mac 6.11.1 (after sync).
Both images scaled properly as I changed the window size in EN Mac 6.11.1

So, just guessing, the way images are stored has been changed in EN iOS 8, but the corresponding change for proper display has NOT been changed in EN Mac 6.11.1.

@Scott Fillmer, I'd suggest that you post an ENEX file here of one of the Notes with a distorted image.  This should help the Evernote Devs resolve the issue.

Archived