Evernote 6.11 Messed up tables bit time

I am attaching two page - long time ago I created merge cells using Pages on my Mac and then I created 2000+ notes. 

It worked great for few years but recently when I check the tables were broken cross about 7000 notes. This is really frustrating. I am attaching two screenshots, it looks correct on web interface but local app on Mac shows broken. 

I updated Mac to latest OS but that did not help either. This is really frustrating and Evernote has standard answer that they will pass the info to their developers and can not give how long its gonna take it. 

ON My MAC

5923956d7ceb9_MacApp.png.92362cbc6fd1c6abc068feb02a41d9e7.png

On the Web Interface - at www.evernote.com 

Webpage.thumb.png.4679e6407419c9cc53c570ffff02bd86.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, chemie said:

It worked great for few years but recently when I check the tables were broken cross about 7000 notes. This is really frustrating. I am attaching two screenshots, it looks correct on web interface but local app on Mac shows broken. 

Very frustrating, I know.  The good news is that Evernote has heard our issues/complaints and is trying to fix them.  Most likely this is just a display issue in EN Mac 6.11, and is fixed in EN Mac 6.11.1 Beta 2.  Meanwhile, do NOT make any edits to these Notes.  If you are dead-in-the-water with EN Mac 6.11, then you may want to risk an updated to 6.11.1 Beta 2.  Before you do, carefully review the posts in the below threads.

EN Mac 6.11 has many identified/acknowledged bugs.  Ver 6.11.1 Beta 2 is in progress to fix most of these.

See:

Michael, 

Thanks a lot for sharing the note releases, I did not make any changes, I updated my Mac OS to see if it is older version issues. however I have same persistent issue on my iDevices. Any release updates for iPhone/iPad. Here is the update

Updated to 6.11.1 Beta 1 and no luck - tables are still messed up 

Updated to 6.11.1 Beta 2 and no luck - tables are still messed up 

Michael, 

I did not want to do something crazy - and corrupt all my notes. I was wondering if this is an option. Download previous version from here. http://filehippo.com/mac/download_evernote_for_mac/history

and removed the notes folder and re-sync from web. Just wanted to check if you see any issues with this approach. I would really appreciate your help and hope you understand my desperation. 

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, chemie said:

I did not want to do something crazy - and corrupt all my notes. I was wondering if this is an option. Download previous version from here. http://filehippo.com/mac/download_evernote_for_mac/history

Ver 6.9.2 is a good solid version.  I'm still running it.

So yes, a downgrade should work fine.  See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

@JMichaelTX Thanks for sharing reinstall instructions. This line had me worried a lot "When you export Notes to ENEX, it will break all links to these notes, and the following metadata is lost: Notebook, Stack, Tag hierarchy"

just wanted to confirm this would not be a problem if I sync from the cloud right? 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, chemie said:

"When you export Notes to ENEX, it will break all links to these notes, and the following metadata is lost: Notebook, Stack, Tag hierarchy"

This also applies to Evernote's Note History backup feature

For one-of repairs; after obtaining the backup note, I simply copy the contents and paste into the corrupted note. This way, I don't lose the metadata.

@DTLow I successfully managed to downgrade thanks to @JMichaleTX. Now I am running EN 6.9.2 all my notes are looking as I designed them. One thing worked in my favor was that I do not have any notes locally, Most of them are synced on cloud. So After removing 6.11 completely and re-syncing fixed my issues. I will be careful in future to read release issues before upgrading. 

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, chemie said:

"When you export Notes to ENEX, it will break all links to these notes, and the following metadata is lost: Notebook, Stack, Tag hierarchy"

just wanted to confirm this would not be a problem if I sync from the cloud right? 

Correct, it will NOT be a problem.  By syncing from the EN Cloud, all of the note data is retained.  It is basically just like a new install of Evernote on a new Mac.

• Level 5*
On 5/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, villacondotel said:

Đây là gì vậy bạn ?

Sorry, I'm severely handicapped in all languages other than English (and even it can be trouble sometimes).

Can you repost in English?

Archived