Riptide360

Ability to turn off searching specific notes & attachments

Idea

I've been enjoying the Mac Evernote's ability to view PDFs as inline images (right click a PDF in a note and choose view inline instead of view as attachment).

The problem I'm having with Evernote is that when I do a keyword search to find a note most of my results are all the PDF books I've added to my collection.

As far as I can tell there is no way to have Evernote skip these notes in my search results. God forbid you add a dictionary PDF to your collection!

Is there any way to tell Evernote to skip specific notes, notebooks or filetypes? Any way of filtering out results using keywords?

If not please consider adding a feature request for: Note Setting that has a checkmark to EXCLUDE this note from keyword searches beyond the note title.

For now I'm going to delete the PDF books I've added. ;(

thanks,

Stephen

2 replies to this idea

3 hours ago, Riptide360 said:

I've been enjoying the Mac Evernote's ability to view PDFs as inline images (right click a PDF in a note and choose view inline instead of view as attachment).

The problem I'm having with Evernote is that when I do a keyword search to find a note most of my results are all the PDF books I've added to my collection.

As far as I can tell there is no way to have Evernote skip these notes in my search results. God forbid you add a dictionary PDF to your collection!

Is there any way to tell Evernote to skip specific notes, notebooks or filetypes? Any way of filtering out results using keywords?

If not please consider adding a feature request for: Note Setting that has a checkmark to EXCLUDE this note from keyword searches beyond the note title.

For now I'm going to delete the PDF books I've added. ;(

thanks,

Stephen

-resource:application/pdf will eliminate any PDFs from your search results.  Downside is any PDFs you want in the search are also eliminated.  

Another method would be to tag all of your PDF books with a tag like Books and then add -tag:books to your search.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riptide360 said:

As far as I can tell there is no way to have Evernote skip these notes in my search results.

You might review the search grammar.    Evernote Search Grammar

You can use the (-) qualifier to eliminate notes from the search

For example     -intitle:books*

• Like 1