Idea

all of a sudden the shortcut to clip from keyboard W+*****+S stopped working gives a completely pale screen with crosshai but no action possible no result. I'm running on win10. This is a vital need to clip from keyboard. what has happened? PLEASE HELP
Fortunato Sorrentino
fortunato.sorrentino@virgilio.it

8 replies to this idea

Hi.  Check Evernote > Tools > Options > Keyboard Shortcuts.  Has the selection changed?  Try File > Exiting Evernote and restart your device.  Log back in - is this still an issue?

If so,  try changing the shortcut to something else temporarily,  and then back...

Win+Shift+S has been usurped by the Windows Snipping Tool. Since they register first, we lose. The only workaround is to change the assigned shortcut (we have an open bug to pick a different key combo). I have not figured out a way (as a user!) to turn off Snipper...

Oh, that happened as part of the Windows Creators Update

1 hour ago, dconnet said:

Win+Shift+S has been usurped by the Windows Snipping Tool. Since they register first, we lose. The only workaround is to change the assigned shortcut (we have an open bug to pick a different key combo). I have not figured out a way (as a user!) to turn off Snipper...

MS kneecapped you again?? Bummer...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I remember Snipper was left out of one version of Windows and had to be downloaded separately if you wanted it - any chance to uninstall it / disable it completely?

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/disable-or-enable-snipping-tool-on-windows-10.html

Yeah, I found that link, too. That should prevent the Snipper from running, but I don't know that it will return the availability of the Win+Shift+S hotkey; I haven't tried it myself.

12 hours ago, jefito said:

I haven't tried it myself.

Me either.  Was hoping someone (else) might have tested it out.  It's not critical for me - I use a couple of other snipping tools anyway and changing the default shortcut is not an issue.