Changing my primary email without losing my notes!

Hey everyone,

Running into a dilemma here:

I have a new email that I would like to implement into my Evernote account that is currently active and used often. However I am coming across the issue of Evernote not allowing me to actually remove one email address, and replace it with an up-to-date email address. It tells me something about creating a new account and syncing them. 

I think I've done that, but not as successful as I would hope. I now have two accounts (one old and full of notes, and a new one with 0 content) and still cannot send notes and notebooks from my primary account due to the email it is attached to not being active. I can't even find a way to activate it it is so old (hotmail). I do not want that email anymore as all of my business comes from my new Gmail account.

How can I remove the old and replace it with the new so I can send notes? Please help! I am a writer/musician/psychologist and all my content is extremely difficult to get out! 

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Kyletucker50 said:

I have a new email that I would like to implement into my Evernote account that is currently active and used often.

My method is to go into my Account Settings
Account Summary > Email > Manage email addresses

>>still cannot send notes and notebooks from my primary account

Not sure where you got the instructions to create a new account, but it should work

I have two methods for transferring the notes to another account

1. Export/Import (Win/Mac platforms)
  2. Share notebooks 

• Level 5*

See How to change your account login email address for more on this.

NB If you have now set up your new address on an empty account,  you'd have to change the address on that account to 'free up' the new one before yu could add it to the old account.  You may need a third email address...

How to swap the email addresses between two separate Evernote accounts

Archived