Connection between Evernote server & external app

Hi there,

I am in the process of trying to fix a Wordpress plugin that at one point acted as a link between Evernote and Wordpress for posting notes as blog posts. Basically, using the API, it linked your two accounts and any time you tagged a note with a specific tag, that note would sync as a draft blog post on Wordpress. It was very useful, but something went wrong and it no longer works properly. In the process of trying to fix it, our developer has run into a road block and said:

"Hi Bridget, so I have tried few tests and I think the issue with Evernote servers, possibly they have changed how external servers handshake/connect with them. At this point, we won't be able to make much progress. We will have to connect with Evernote Support to resolve this. Let me know how you want to proceed."

I know that it is possible, since there are external programs that use the API to link with Evernote (including the web-app If This, Then That, which does exactly what we're trying to do). Does anybody know what has changed about the handshake/connection for the servers?

Thanks in advance, let me know if you have any questions.

Archived