Choosing which stack to add a new notebook

Hi all,

When I create a new notebook (synchronized), it does not allow me to choose where to add it. It uses one of my stacks, and there is no way to change this in the box that appears. 

How do I change this? 

Many thanks, Lotta

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, ladelstal said:

When I create a new notebook (synchronized), it does not allow me to choose where to add it. It uses one of my stacks, and there is no way to change this in the box that appears. 

You'll get a more specific answer if you identify your platform; Win/Mac/IOS/...

My experience on my Mac is 

1. I can create a new notebook; no stack59210f6e8870c_ScreenShot2017-05-20at8_53_07PM.png.7c3361513e2a687a7f33c3006f0dfad2.png
    I can later drag the notebook to a stack
  2. I can right-click a stack and create a notebook under the stack
    59210f70da5b3_ScreenShot2017-05-20at8_53_24PM.png.4ac7e075c44cc4d5968361bb3f863ed8.png

Many thanks for reply,

Sorry, forgot to mention that I use mac. When I create a new notebook, either using the bar menu or when I have all my notebooks open, it wants to create it in a stack that I have named Personal development. And I can't find a way of changing this. This means that it is created and then I have to enter the stack Personal development and find the new notebook and from there change the stack

Any ideas? 

I tried to attach a screenshot but size to large. Not very it savy I'm afraid. 

Much appreciated. Thanks, Lotta

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, ladelstal said:

When I create a new notebook, either using the bar menu or when I have all my notebooks open, it wants to create it in a stack that I have named Personal development.

Can you explain the "bar  menu".  My method is to click on the "+ New Notebook" box in the screenshot I posted

Hi and thanks for getting back.

'Bar menu' is the line of functions found at the top of the screen, starting with the apple (I think it is actually called 'menu bar'). In 'File' I can choose to create a new notebook, it then asks if I want to have a local or synchronised version. A box appears to create this notebook and states that it will save it in my stack 'Personal development'. There is no option to change the location.

If I use the option that you refer to - +new notebook -  same thing. The box pops up and wants to save it in my stack 'Personal development'.

It is as if there is a default place to save it, but to my knowledge I have not selected this. And if I have, there must be a way to change it but this I cannot find. 

Hmmm. Don't really know what to do. 

Thanks for taking the time to support. Lotta

hi, though I am not a Mac user I would imagine that you should do much the same as in the Win app. Navigate to the stack where you want to have your new notebook. In Win ,marking the stack opens a fly-out menu,  first option right at the top is 'create new notebook in stack'. 

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, ladelstal said:

If I use the option that you refer to - +new notebook -  same thing. The box pops up and wants to save it in my stack 'Personal development'.

My box says "New Notebook in Personal"
I'm not seeing this as a "Stack"; it's Personal vs Business Sections

Thanks John,

I haven't tried that one before but did now and it still wants to put that new notebook into my 'Personal development' stack. I guess Evernote is considering anything I do is for my development :). Lotta

Guru,

You are absolutely right! My last stack I have named 'Personal' (not Personal development), and the new notebook appears last in the view that I am using, so I assumed it was in my stack. Many thanks for this. Yet, you mention 'Personal vs Business sections' - have to look this up :).

Superthanks! Lotta

Hi John and thanks! Guru flicked my lightbulb. I was not saving it on my 'Personal' but actually on Evernotes own way of naming different sections (see Guru's answer above). I had no idea this exists.

Thanks again, Lotta

Archived