iCloud Integration

I love the integration now between Google and Evernote. I would love to see similar integration with iCloud and/or the macOS Apps Calendar and Reminders. The idea is simple enough (though I know execution is far more difficult ;)): If I create a checklist in a note, it can sync to the Reminders app, a due date would appear in Calendar, and a meeting in Calendar would allow for a meeting note to be made in Evernote.

• Like 6
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Hel10s said:

If I create a checklist in a note, it can sync to the Reminders app, a due date would appear in Calendar, and a meeting in Calendar would allow for a meeting note to be made in Evernote.

On my Mac, I make use of AppleScript to achieve this integration.

For example, to set the reminder date, I use a script.  
In addition to setting the date, it also adds an entry to the Calendar.
The code isn't complicated

tell application "Calendar" to tell calendar "Home"
                    make new event at .....
 end tell end tell

Applescript allows almost unlimited customization and integration.  It can be used with the Calendar, Mail, Reminders, Excel, ...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I make use of AppleScript to achieve this integration.

For example, to set the reminder date, I use a script.  In addition to setting the date, it also adds an entry to the Calendar.
The code isn't complicated

tell application "Calendar" to tell calendar "Home"
                    make new event at .....
 end tell end tell

Applescript allows unlimited customization and integration.  It can be used with the Calendar, Mail, Reminders, Excel, ,,,

That is a good solution, and I am familiar with AppleScript. Part of the idea was for people who aren't so familiar. Also, what to do on iOS? 

Though, maybe Workflow can do it... 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Hel10s said:

Also, what to do on iOS? 
Though, maybe Workflow can do it...

That's a good point; my scripting solutions are Mac only.  Note: an iCloud benefit is, a calendar entry on the Mac gets reflected in IOS

I am excited about Workflow.  It doesn't have the scope of AppleScript, however now that its owned by Apple we may see more integration

>>I am familiar with AppleScript. Part of the idea was for people who aren't so familiar.

I recommend every user become familiar with Applescript if you have a Mac.  It gives you access to a whole new level of functionality in many applications

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Hel10s said:

I love the integration now between Google and Evernote. I would love to see similar integration with iCloud and/or the macOS Apps Calendar and Reminders. 

There are services that integrate Evernote with iCloud
An example is https://evernote.cronofy.com for Reminder <> Calendar
You can also look at Zapier and IFTTT

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...