Extracting highlighted area(s) from a Photo of text

WalterMarsh

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, WalterMarsh said:

After taking a photo of a page of text with my iPhone, how can I process the photo of said page in order to extract the highlighted area of the text as a note using (EN) for Mac?

There are much better ways of selecting text than taking photo's of a page
I use Evernote Helper and Web Clipper591f1b29b70d5_ScreenShot2017-05-19at9_19_28AM.png.d3ef67e84deeb416541a12f6addda925.png

591f1b9023bd0_ScreenShot2017-05-19at9_21_06AM.png.83076b959d6c15bb356af7cad0d9679d.png

There are third party products to OCR pictures
Evernote has this feature, but it's only for search purposes

Hello DTLow,

Thanks for your response.  
I am currently preparing excerpts from vast amounts of print material.  
I would like to create notes of the important highlighted portions of the written pages by capturing via my iPhone photos and converting them through OCR in order to be able to extract relevant text as notes.

I am familiar with Web Clipper and use it when possible. However, original text is not available in digital media to begin with so I'm not quite sure what you meant by "There are much better ways of selecting text than taking photo's of a page, I use Evernote Helper and Web Clipper."

I understand Evernote has OCR capabilities.
However, to is not clear if the specific desired functionality I am seeking is available.
Ideally, I would like to extract only the relevant portions of highlighted text by capturing them via a iPhone photo and converting the relevant image to editable text in Evernote.

Are you aware of such a feature with in the Evernote suites of products (i.e. Evernote: Scannable) or do I need a third party software like scan genius to complete this process?

Respectfully,

Walter

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, WalterMarsh said:

Are you aware of such a feature with in the Evernote suites of products (i.e. Evernote: Scannable) or do I need a third party software like scan genius to complete this process?

You need a third party product to OCR the image

Archived