I like Evernote and use it all the time. Recently a problem has appeared when editing a note. After typing a few letters the cursor jumps to the title of the note and anything typed after this will be in the title rather than the content. I can't find how to fix it and wondered if I reinstalled the program would that fix it. However I don't want to loose my notes in the process.

Any advice welcome.

10 hours ago, Tom Farrell said:

I like Evernote and use it all the time. Recently a problem has appeared when editing a note. After typing a few letters the cursor jumps to the title of the note and anything typed after this will be in the title rather than the content. I can't find how to fix it and wondered if I reinstalled the program would that fix it. However I don't want to loose my notes in the process.

You'll get a more specific answer if you identify your platform (Win/Mac/...)

I know this is a known problem in the Windows platform. and is being followed up by the developers

I'm moving this discussion to the Windows forum

Hello

I am using Win 10 with all the latest updates. I also have the latest version of Evernote. I am glad that the developers are looking at the issue as the programme is almost unworkable right now. When I am editing a note the cursor jumps from the content area to the title area after a few characters are typed, as little as 3 will do it.

Hope there is a fix soon.

The recently released beta contains the fix.  If you don't like betas, go to Tools - Options - Note and uncheck Set new note focus to title.

• Like 1

Hello

Thanks so much for the fix. I am very happy with the current version so for the moment I will stay away form beta's

Keep up the excellent work.

31 minutes ago, Tom Farrell said:

Hello

Thanks so much for the fix. I am very happy with the current version so for the moment I will stay away form beta's

Keep up the excellent work.

You are welcome.