Can't create New Notebook

Hi @SportySpice, welcome to the forums!

This issue normally occurs when you have hit or exceeded the 250 notebook limit in Evernote. Are you able to verify how many notebooks you have in your account?

If you have 250 or more notebooks, there is not a way to increase the limit of 250 notebooks in Evernote. In order to get the application syncing again, you will have to delete the last created notebooks you created.

If you have notes in those notebooks, you will need to compile them into less notebooks. Right-click the note, and move them to a another notebook until you have compiled them into a number of notebooks below 250.

You can find more information on the system limits of Evernote here:

What are the system limits of Evernote?

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

• 7 months later...

I have just run up against this limit. I have 255 notebooks.

This seems like an unusually small limit to set. Evernote is my work environment. I store research and use it for design notes.

This is quite frustrating, especially as a Premium member.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, stevemarch said:

This seems like an unusually small limit to set. Evernote is my work environment. I store research and use it for design notes.

Sorry but that's the way this platform works.  Tags and Titles are the main note discriminator - notebooks are for 'supercategories' like Business and Home or as temporary homes for work-in-progress to keep collections of data together for easy reference.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, stevemarch said:

Evernote has limits at each account level; documented her https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247-What-are-the-system-limits-of-Evernote-

You could upgrade to the next level.  I'd advised looking at the Tag feature.  As well as a 100,000 limit, there are other benefits like unlimited hierarchy and multiple tags per note

Archived