Bug in software

JLT999

Idea

When I open a new note, I appreciate that the cursor automatically begins in the Title field, as I believe I've requested in my settings. 

However, when I begin typing in the main text field, the cursor keeps jumping back up into the Title field. This happens whether I'm typing or not, whether I'm touching the keyboard or not. So annoying. Please fix so that cursor doesn't jump fields without user's command. 

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 5/15/2017 at 0:22 PM, JLT999 said:

When I open a new note, I appreciate that the cursor automatically begins in the Title field, as I believe I've requested in my settings. 

However, when I begin typing in the main text field, the cursor keeps jumping back up into the Title field. This happens whether I'm typing or not, whether I'm touching the keyboard or not. So annoying. Please fix so that cursor doesn't jump fields without user's command. 

Known issue, and seems to be fixed in the latest beta, but that hasn't rolled out to wide release yet.

On 2017-5-16 at 11:59 PM, EdH said:

Known issue, and seems to be fixed in the latest beta, but that hasn't rolled out to wide release yet.

I have been having this problem for months. It used to be a minute or so before it jumped to the title so was bareable. Now it seems to be doing it in seconds. I can rarely type more than a couple of words before it jumps.  I've just installed the latest Beta and it's STILL happening!!

Also, I still have a similar problem when clicking on note links. After a similar time it auto selects another note and therefore goes into "2 notes selected" mode.

These two bugs makes using Evernote VERY frustrating - PLEASE FIX!!!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, EPDelta said:

I will try using the browser version for awhile, until the bug fix is released.  If that fails, I will export all my notes and uninstall the product.

Until general release go to Tools - Options - Note and uncheck Set new note focus to title.

• Level 5*
On 5/18/2017 at 6:51 AM, EPDelta said:

I will try using the browser version for awhile, until the bug fix is released.  If that fails, I will export all my notes and uninstall the product.

It is fixed in the latest beta. Be patient. Or change the setting temporarily @csihilling noted. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Graham Gott said:

Which version?  I have just received & installed 6.6.1.5097 and it's not fixed in that...

Perhaps it is not. I used Evernote extensively yesterday, that version, and with the setting to set focus to note title in new note on, I never had it once jump back to the note subject during my edits, so for me, it is either fixed, or severely mitigated to the point I never saw it, but if you are still seeing it, then obviously the dev team has a bit more work to do.

Mmm, strange. Anyway, I had to revert back to 5.6.4 due to another bug. I've altered the setting you mentioned and apart from having the extra step of clicking in the note title, it is a lot less hassle overall so I'm happy at the moment.

I have this jumping cursor problem too in 6.5.4.4720 for Windows. It seems to be related to syncing, specifically when syncing finishes. Maybe it's just coincidence. It makes the product almost unusable whether jotting something down or writing with more intention. Will try suggestion. Then, try to remember to change it back at some point. 

Archived