MAC User -- Evernote super slow and losing images

I am a premium user using Evernote 6.11 on a MAC running Yosemite. I am not willing to update because I have old Adobe products that don't work as well when MAC OS is updated.

First, when I edit notes in Evernote I am continually getting the rainbow ball and having to wait even for simple things like typing or adding a space. It is taking me forever to work on my projects with this lag. I have had to wait for up to a minute many times.

Additionally, I am losing images from notes I have clipped from the web. They are being replaced by broken link images. It is also showing up in the online Evernote notes. I am tired of having to go back to the websites and download the images to reattach them to the notes. Is there a fix for this?

I have searched the forum, but it appears that most of the instances of these problems are from older versions of Evernote.

Please fix this issue it is seriously impairing my productivity.

Seeing the same thing...VERY slow beachball of death after app is open for just a short while.  

Also note, I'm running latest 10.12.4 and latest evernote 6.11.

Memory leak?  Please advise!

Thank you...

• Level 5*
On 5/11/2017 at 1:45 PM, andhat said:

I am a premium user using Evernote 6.11 on a MAC running Yosemite. I am not willing to update because I have old Adobe products that don't work as well when MAC OS is updated.

The issue you are having is clearly different from the one that @gazumped posted since you are NOT running macOS Sierra.

EN Mac 6.11 is full of bugs, and Evernote has fixed many of them in the EN Mac 6.11.1 BETA.  I don't recommend  using Evernote BETAs, but hopefully they will soon release the GA Production Ver of 6.11.1.  So, make sure your EN Mac is set to check for updates daily so you will know when 6.11.1 GA is released.  You may want to post your issue in the EN Mac 6.11.1 Beta Release thread, so the devs will be aware of it.

I hear what you are saying about staying with Yosemite, but I can tell you from experience that upgrading to El Capitan (but do NOT upgrade to Sierra) fixes many issues with the macOS and with many applications.  If you can figure out a way to upgrade to El Capitan I would definitely do so.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, andhat said:

Hey Thanks, JMichaelTX! That is super helpful. I will check into upgrading to El Capitan. I appreciate your help.

You're welcome.  If your current workflow is seriously inhibited by EN Mac 6.11, you might, as a last resort, try updating to BETA 2:

I don't normally recommend EN Beta's, but if your workflow is stopped with the current EN Mac, then the risk may be worth it.
Before you upgrade to Beta 2, carefully review the Beta 2 and Beta 1 threads to be aware of the issues others are posting.  If you have any Local Notebooks, be sure to back them up (like to ENEX) BEFORE you upgrade to the Beta 2.

Archived