Differences between Business account and an Individual Premium account

jwparkin

Idea

I work on my own and have two virtual assistants who help me.  Both are thousands of miles away from me!  I currently use an individual Evernote Premium account and everything seems OK. I am planning on expanding my team and I'm just wondering what extra functionality I would get if I upgraded to a Business Account?

For example, one of my assistants has told me that she cannot move a Note from one Notebook to another (where BOTH Notebooks are shared by me with that person), so I assume as it's my individual account, only I have that access??

So, I'm interested in finding a list of features/functionality that are different between.... 

• the owner of a Note and the people I share it with?
  • an individual account and a business account?  (apart from the obvious user management stuff)

Many thanks in advance

Jeremy

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're only expanding the team slightly - i.e. by one or two - then I'd suggest you stay as you are,  at least until you have additional reasons for upgrading.  The difference with Business is that it is a separate account with 'libraries' (like notebooks) and depending on the permissions of individual users it would be possible for you or any of your assistants to moves notes around.  But that account needs to be managed,  and all of you will also have your own personal Premium account for private use and individual work,  so you (presumably) would wind up with two accounts to manage in depth,  plus you would spend some part of your time training and supporting your assistants while they transition across.

Basically it's adding another learning curve: so unless things get really unworkable I'd stick with Premium!

OK, that's useful, thanks.

On the technical question "one of my assistants has told me that she cannot move a Note from one Notebook to another (where BOTH Notebooks are shared by me with that person), so I assume as it's my individual account, only I have that access??"

Is there any other functional differences I need to be aware of?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not in a position where I can check atm,  but I do know moving a note alters its unique address and therefore (presumably) its status as a shared note...:wacko:  I have no idea.  This is the 'how to' page on sharing - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748 - which tactfully doesn't actually mention deleting or moving.

Your assistant should be able to copy a note to another notebook,  so maybe if you set up a 'deleteme' tag which your assistant can add to the original of any note that has been copied,  and you run a periodic search and delete on that tag...

Whilst we're on that subject,  the same pages have a lot about business accounts - this looks like it might be relevant.. How-to: Transition from Evernote Basic, Plus or Premium to Evernote Business

Archived