How is it possible that stylus/pen support is so horrible?

Dan_L

Idea

I've been an Evernote user for years now.  Just upgraded to a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet, which came with a stylus.  Tried using Evernote, with the assumption that an otherwise great product would obviously support a stylus.  Unfortunately, the only thing you can do with a stylus (unless you have an iPad) is to use a bare-bones system to make an "ink note".  How is it possible that your support for this is so terrible?  I was hoping to be able to use the stylus to write on existing notes and jot things down, etc.  No dice.  Then to add insult to injury I learned that there is support for this, but only for iPad users who need an additional app to use the feature.  Not acceptable, Evernote folks.  Any chance of this getting implemented into the windows version?  If not, I will have to switch everything over to One Note :-(

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What make of hybrid?  Where did you download your Evernote from - Windows store or Evernote.com?

Neither the make of hybrid or the place of download makes any difference for pen/ink support though.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gustavgi said:

Neither the make of hybrid or the place of download makes any difference for pen/ink support though.

Wondering what sort of a device this was - with built-in stylus.  If Samsung,  then S-Note is an option...

Archived