Link Redirect is Pointless

Lunifer

Idea

I use Evernote to save links, for studying and sources and whatnot.

The unnecessary redirect is making things slow and uncomfortable. What even is the point?

I have eyes. I can see that it's an external link. Please stop stopping me from smoothly opening links. It's annoying.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Lunifer said:

I use Evernote to save links, for studying and sources and whatnot.

The unnecessary redirect is making things slow and uncomfortable. What even is the point?

I have eyes. I can see that it's an external link. Please stop stopping me from smoothly opening links. It's annoying.

What do you mean?

I think user is referring to having to go thru the page telling you that you are leaving Evernote. I have not used Evernote in awhile and now see this action and it is VERY annoying, it did not used to be this way.

I use Evernote with many external links to articles and such and now I have to wait for this new 'leaving Evernote' page and click another button to go one. 

Can we somehow disable the redirect to tell us we are leaving Onenote when using external links?

• Level 5*

I don't see this in the native Windows client (6.14.3 beta), default browser is Chrome. This is a standard web link, like to an online article? If I click on it in Evernote, it goes straight to the page.

Archived