I've been a loyal Evernote user for years. I pay the premium price because it was once worthwhile, but things aren't looking good for Evernote. The app has been buggy and bloated for a while now, and there is no sign of improvement. The latest update no longer allows contents of the clipboard to retain formatting when pasted into a note; this is the last straw for me. My workflow of pasting tables containing source code which had been formatted in MS Word is now useless.

Every update brings a new surprise, this one lost you another customer.

17 hours ago, Mike Figueroa said:

The latest update no longer allows contents of the clipboard to retain formatting when pasted into a note; this is the last straw for me. My workflow of pasting tables containing source code which had been formatted in MS Word is now useless.

I agree that Evernote needs to do a better job of development and testing BEFORE publishing a release.  Each new release, even production GA releases, all too often contain many material bugs, some quite obvious.

Having said that, if you are a Mac user, it appears that Evernote is now working hard to fix the many bugs of EN Mac 6.11.  The response in the 6.11 release thread, particularly by @Johnathan Hebert, has been excellent.  You may want to post your issues/concerns in the Evernote for Mac 6.11.1 Beta 1 thread, where the first round of fixes were announced.

Thank you, JMichaelTX, for the reply. The 6.11.1 beta seems to have fixed this issue. You helped Evernote save a paying customer... for now. I really hope that in the next release we will start to see some real change. I used to be such an advocate for Evernote that some of my coworkers asked if I wanted to work for them, but the disappointing updates are quickly busting that loyalty.

Cheers.

On 5/7/2017 at 2:06 AM, Mike Figueroa said:

I've been a loyal Evernote user for years. I pay the premium price because it was once worthwhile, but things aren't looking good for Evernote. The app has been buggy and bloated for a while now, and there is no sign of improvement. The latest update no longer allows contents of the clipboard to retain formatting when pasted into a note; this is the last straw for me. My workflow of pasting tables containing source code which had been formatted in MS Word is now useless.

Every update brings a new surprise, this one lost you another customer.

Hi Mike,

There should be some additional improvements in the next 6.11.1 beta and GA. The reason for some of the changes to the formatting of pasted content was to improve the structure of the underlying HTML because it helps us make the editing experience more deterministic. The issues that we have fixed in these betas should retain the formatting of pasted content, but some long-standing editing issues may remain when working with that pasted content. We are working on a more complete solution that will allow pasted content to preserve its look and feel, while still improving the editing experience.

If you are still having problems with particular types of content that is pasted in, please give me a few example ENEX files on this thread, or open a ticket with support and let me know, and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Johnathan. The beta I'm currently using has fixed the problem for now. I look forward to seeing what you guys do with the Mac app in the near future.