Add Reminders with Key Strokes

dpstiller4

Idea

One of Evernote's primary strengths the workflow provided by its keyboard-friendly UI, which allows you to accomplish many things in a fraction of the time required to point and click.

Reminders have been without keystroke support for a long time, and it's a major workflow disruption.

Please consider a quick fix, which could be accomplished without dedicating an official "Keyboard Shortcut," by simply adding a keystroke sequence that lets you move through the File menu:

Just as Copy Note Link is available mouse-free (Alt, N, L) , Add Reminder could be accessible via Alt, N, R (currently unused) 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Pending EN doing anything with this, you can create your own hotkeys with PhraseExpress or AutoHotkey.  I use Alt-1 2 and 3 to create modify and clear reminders.  Wasn't that hard to set up.  YMMV.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:01 AM, csihilling said:

Pending EN doing anything with this, you can create your own hotkeys with PhraseExpress or AutoHotkey.  I use Alt-1 2 and 3 to create modify and clear reminders.  Wasn't that hard to set up.  YMMV.

can you detail how to do that in PhraseExpress ? 

• Level 5*
On 10/12/2017 at 6:58 AM, fabertel said:

can you detail how to do that in PhraseExpress ? 

Since there aren't any shortcut keys for reminders in EN I use the mouse position capabilities of PhraseExpress.  Works on whatever note is in focus.

ScreenClip.png.64ca2505401c8af59eefae100f2d2ae5.png

Here is the phrase for creating and completing a reminder (turns out the clicks are in the same position).  The positions are based upon a two 23" monitor set up where EN is always open on the right monitor, full screen.  I use a utility called mousepos.exe to determine the position.  Modify the positions for whatever monitor set up.  I think it sounds harder than it actually is and/or the juice may not be worth the squeeze for everyone.  But worth it to me, three hot keys to manage reminders.  YMMV.

{#mouseposition -x 3765 -y 105}{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON}{#mouseposition -x 3765 -y 170}{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON}

Archived