Shaboom

PDFs disappearing in desktop app

Today I discovered that some PDFs have disappeared from my desktop app (on an iMac). They show up on my laptop, phone, and iPad. I rebooted the computer and the application, but still no attachments. What gives?

1 hour ago, Shaboom said:

Today I discovered that some PDFs have disappeared from my desktop app (on an iMac). They show up on my laptop, phone, and iPad. I rebooted the computer and the application, but still no attachments. What gives?

No ideas as to the cause of the problem

Note: Evernote stores the master copy of your notes on the servers
Use the web platform (www.evernote.com) to verify the pdfs are there

You can force a resync of your Mac data by:  Hold the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel (next to your username)

Thank you. I should have said that I did check the web platform, and the PDFs were there. Am forcing a resync now--thanks!

Hmm. Forced sync, and no change. The syn only ran for about three seconds. The problem note looks utterly blank, and I am not able to add anything to it. I can revise the title, but can't write anything in the main field, nor does it work to drop files there. Very mysterious. I'm trying to attach a screenshot, but get a message that the attachment failed.

32 minutes ago, Shaboom said:

Hmm. Forced sync, and no change. The syn only ran for about three seconds. The problem note looks utterly blank, and I am not able to add anything to it. I can revise the title, but can't write anything in the main field, nor does it work to drop files there. Very mysterious. I'm trying to attach a screenshot, but get a message that the attachment failed.

Have you rebooted your Mac.  It sometimes clears up problems

My next step would be to delete Evernote completely and start fresh

• The app AppCleaner is recommended; it deletes the app, database, and associated files
  • Reinstall the app and the database will be rebuilt from the servers. Warning: the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

Thanks. The first thing I did was reboot. Today I deleted with AppCleaner, reinstalled, and resynced. That worked. The thing is, I had to do the same thing a few months ago because notes weren't syncing.  I hope this does not become a chronic problem.

I truly appreciate your help!