PDFs disappearing in desktop app

Today I discovered that some PDFs have disappeared from my desktop app (on an iMac). They show up on my laptop, phone, and iPad. I rebooted the computer and the application, but still no attachments. What gives?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Shaboom said:

Today I discovered that some PDFs have disappeared from my desktop app (on an iMac). They show up on my laptop, phone, and iPad. I rebooted the computer and the application, but still no attachments. What gives?

No ideas as to the cause of the problem

Note: Evernote stores the master copy of your notes on the servers
Use the web platform (www.evernote.com) to verify the pdfs are there

You can force a resync of your Mac data by:  Hold the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel (next to your username)

Hmm. Forced sync, and no change. The syn only ran for about three seconds. The problem note looks utterly blank, and I am not able to add anything to it. I can revise the title, but can't write anything in the main field, nor does it work to drop files there. Very mysterious. I'm trying to attach a screenshot, but get a message that the attachment failed.

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, Shaboom said:

Hmm. Forced sync, and no change. The syn only ran for about three seconds. The problem note looks utterly blank, and I am not able to add anything to it. I can revise the title, but can't write anything in the main field, nor does it work to drop files there. Very mysterious. I'm trying to attach a screenshot, but get a message that the attachment failed.

Have you rebooted your Mac.  It sometimes clears up problems

My next step would be to delete Evernote completely and start fresh

• The app AppCleaner is recommended; it deletes the app, database, and associated files
  • Reinstall the app and the database will be rebuilt from the servers. Warning: the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

Thanks. The first thing I did was reboot. Today I deleted with AppCleaner, reinstalled, and resynced. That worked. The thing is, I had to do the same thing a few months ago because notes weren't syncing.  I hope this does not become a chronic problem.

I truly appreciate your help!

Archived