Clipper takes too long

shekala

When I use the Web clipper (Chrome, Windows 10), it take sometimes a couple of minutes to complete the clip, and often hangs. Does anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? Tech support was not that helpful.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Yep,  that would have been one of my suggestions too - along the lines of

• uninstall and reinstall the Clipper extension and try clipping again.  If things are no better..
  • disable all the other extensions and retry.  If things seem better,  switch any other extensions on one at a time as you need them, and see if that causes a problem.  If it does you may have to find an alternative extension.  (There are lots out there...)
  • if all else fails try clipping in another browser (Firefox?) to see whether that's faster.
  • since clipping requires an internet connection - check your connection speed.  Are you / is anyone else in the house running anything else using the web connection at the same time as you clip?  Streaming video?

Hi - thanks for the response. I have tried most of the above, with the exception of the disabling, so will give that a shot. Was just curious if this problem is widespread.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, shekala said:

Hi - thanks for the response. I have tried most of the above, with the exception of the disabling, so will give that a shot. Was just curious if this problem is widespread.

Don't think so - there are a variety of issues on different devices,  but terminal slowness isn't usual.  :)

Thanks for the feedback. I hope someone at Evernote looks into it doesn't just dismiss it as an isolated problem. It is so slow that it is often unusable, which of course is aggravating given how useful it can be. 

Archived