halriko544

Sorting Notes: "reverse sort Order" is missing

Idea

Hi,

I read my notes by "created" from older to newer. In Windows I can do it.

But in Android I can not find this option? Is there a way?

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

Hi.  I don't believe that's currently possible in Android.  Notes sort in descending order,  so newest first.  You could sort by title and use a numbering system to 'force' the order of the notes into oldest first...?

• Like 1

Hi,

I have no controle of the notes. Apps like Feedly create automaticaly notes in Evernote.

To read the notes it is better to read the oldest first.

I hope there will come an update. In Evernote Windows I store for each directory/notebook the individial settings. If android would taken this settings by syncing, then I would not have a reason to sort manually.

+1 for regular-chronological sort. This should be relatively easy to implement and frankly it's a must-have.

I bought a tablet specifically to catch up on reading, and "catching up" => "oldest first." I can't imagine halriko544 and I are the only 2 who need this.

Thanks for comments here,  but the way to influence Evernote to take a bit of notice is to click the counter at the top left of the page.  It's still standing at 1 today....

I just switched to Evernote. I am quite shocked, that such a simple thing is ignored by the evernote team. It would really be the easiest to sync the sort settings from desktop. Or even simpler: give us the opportunity to sort also in reverse order. Come on, it is just a simple addition in menu!

Would strongly desire a reverse sorting option. a simple additional menu option of sorting "A to Z" or "Z to A" would help.

I organize my notes by date (yyyy-mm-dd). After years of notes, my newest notes are buried behind years of work. 

No, a simple "-" in front of the title does not solve the problem. It only adds to my workflow as I would have to constantly curate my titles only for the advantage of seeing one "new" note.

3 hours ago, BPZ said:

a simple "-" in front of the title does not solve the problem.

?? But a sort by 'date created' might help...