lost more than half of a note??!!?

So I've been working on a piece of writing for a few months now, and I usually allow automatic updates for apps on my computer as it has never caused any problem before. I open my computer to see that Evernote has updated, and that TWO THIRDS OF MY PIECE HAS DISAPPEARED. It's not in the trash folder, and I even went to Evernote online to check there and it's gone?!? I've lost countless hours of work. I've tried syncing it multiple times, and it's just not there? It says that I last updated that note in February, and I was working on it just last week (April). I've lost all my work from that period between Feb and April. Someone help!! 

• Level 5*

Hi.  First there should not be a connection between an update and your text vanishing,  and second the last Evernote update was a little while ago and it doesn't apply itself automatically,  you're asked whether or not you wish to update before the operation starts.  So please confirm which Evernote version you're now using,  and what version of Windows.  Please check your note by signing on to your account via Evernote.com to see whether the content is missing there as well as on your desktop.

You should also be aware that we're a -mainly- user-supported forum,  not a direct line to Evernote Support.  You can contact them on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new if you're a paying subscriber,  or Twitter if not https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

If the content of your note has been deleted somehow all or most of it should be available through Note History - it's a paid subscriber feature (even if you only subscribe for a month) - the history backup is run a couple of times per day on all accounts,  whether you have access or not;  so it's a useful backup.

If you take regular system backups (which you should,  if you save projects on your computer) then you will also have a copy of the Evernote database folder which includes an older version of this note.

Archived