Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Mac 6.11.1 Beta 1

Idea

Hi folks,

Today we're announcing Evernote for Mac, version 6.11.1 Beta 1. You can download it here.

We've addressed a number of issues related to note editing. If notes containing web clips, emails, tables or other content were affected by 6.11 in a way that made them look incorrect, they should look correct. Please do note - if you edited any of those notes, the incorrect formatting/layout might have been saved to the database, and you will have to recover with note history.

As always we appreciate your help in verifying these changes, so please let us know if you spot any issues. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Mac Team

--------------

Evernote for Mac 6.11.1

We've fixed several issues people were having with notes:
- Some notes created in Evernote for Mac would not render after sync
- Some tables lost formatting after updating Evernote to 6.11
- Pasting a line of text would add an additional line break
- Some full width dividers from other clients were not shown as full width
- Some pasted content were missing styles

• Like 2

58 replies to this idea

Sorry but How do such huge bugs make it to the general release ? As soon as I updated my notes were riddled with rendering errors. not small things. Isn't that what the betas are supposed to be for? 

All notes lost after update with version 6.11!
I think this is a different account problem but I can not switch to the other account.

Help me !!!!

42 minutes ago, lpr said:

Sorry but How do such huge bugs make it to the general release ? As soon as I updated my notes were riddled with rendering errors. not small things. Isn't that what the betas are supposed to be for? 

Are you experiencing these problems with the current 6.11.1 Beta 1? Or are you talking about 6.11 GA?

Also, can you describe the rendering errors in more detail? Or post a screenshot or sample ENEX file? I will take a look and see if we can fix the problem for you.

23 minutes ago, Sprague said:

JTLYK, after a quick test run, this beta seems to have fixed my formatting troubles.

That is good to hear.

I was trying to figure out who "JTLYK" is, and then it struck me:
"Just To Let You Know", right?

I don't recall seeing that acronym anywhere.  But a Google search turns it up quickly.

• Like 1

From EN 6.10.x I had several tabs open, each with a different notebook. I skipped the 6.11 beta updates after all the bad reports. 

Now I've installed 6.11.1 and found I had to open new tabs to restore my old arrangement, which I found very useful.

Can you please explain to me why on earth the team should make the horrible decision to modify Tab headings by adding '– Evernote' as a suffix to the name of notebooks?

Absolutely useless change. I want to see the notebook name as quickly and clearly as possible by glancing at the Tab, and not be confused by EN's self-promotion.

Does Evernote fear that I might not be aware that I am in Evernote?

I humbly request that you please remove this ludicrous innovation, and restore things to clarity.

It gets worse. I now find that when I quit and reopen EN, the tabs have disappeared. I very much hope that the next beta will address this bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Tabs were a feature introduced with v6.11

I suspect you're writing about something completely different.  Could you post a screenshot to give a better description of the issue

My mistake. I must have meant early betas of 6.11 where tabs worked.

Anyway, here is a screenshot:

screenshot.png

Notice the '– Evernote' suffix in the tab headings.

Very relieved that this has finally been released, and I can start working through my backlog of hundreds of unclipped emails! However, I'm still seeing some table rendering issues with certain emails clipped in Postbox.

Here's an example of what part of an email looks like:

screenshot.png.0002dca5e7f4bae777eea0d8851000af.png

And this is what I see if I clip it:

screenshot.png.e7454f82469b159fd8c61a38e0e711d1.png

Happy to submit the ENEX through the support system, if needed.

Edited by doonyakka
Typo

6 hours ago, trumpetg said:

screenshot.png

OK - This is the Note Tab feature.  You're right, the description in the tab is <Notebook> – Evernote
or in my case, every tab shows "All Notes – Evernote"

The intended purtpose of the Tabs is for Notes, not Notebooks;
although you can manipulate it so separate notebooks are shown in each tab

You're right; the "– Evernote" is not necessary and can be dropped
My complaint is the Note Tab should indicate the Note Title

• Like 2

Hey guys, if you have upgraded to this Beta, EN Mac 6.11.1 Beta, it would be most helpful if you could post:

1. Bugs in 6.11 GA that you can confirm were fixed.
  2. Bugs in 6.11 GA that have NOT been fixed.
  3. New Bugs you have found in this beta.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Right after editing an image by "Annotate this Image...", I can't change notebook by clicking the left top notebook name.

58dddcac1eaa2_2017-03-3113_34_53.png.e83b45c30681b5ba3ca7aaf87fe4c0d7.png

For change notebook, I should click show information, title or contents and re-try.

When I add a tag, if it starts English or number, Evernote recommend similar tags that start with that character or word.

But if I want to add a tag by the Korean language, recommendation function doesn't work well.

58dde36f4b8f2_2017-03-3114_04_18.gif.06e2c9db5d33d08fe549acfcbf65b4f9.gif

There is an issue with changing font style on the Korean language.
I can't change bold or italic font to normal font using a keyboard shortcut only. Because if cursor still blinks, no matter what I change font style, it reverses to the bold or italic font if I start typing.

When I adjust Evernote window size, note contents automatically move to where the cursor exist.

I have some problems.

1. templates are messed up

"Some pasted content were missing styles" 

This problem still exists. Many of my note contents are missing styles. 

It got better than 6.11ver. but HTML format is still messed up. 

And templates that I made by editing html doesn't look the way it used to be. It also looks right in web ver. Here is an example. (padding is lost, indent is messed up)

6111beta1.png

Here is what it looks like in Web ver.

WebVer1.png

Here is another example. Templates copied from official website in Japan doesn't show properly.

I've used these templates by copy and paste from evernote official website in Japan because the website says "use these by copy and paste"

It looks right before but now 6.11 and 6.11.1Beta doesn't show it properly.

Here is what it looks like on 6.11.1Beta ver.

6111betaTemplate.png

Here is what it looks like on Web ver.

WebVerTemplate.png

2. table 

When I change the background color of a table to any color, font color changes to black at the same time. So I have to change the font color again.

3. Searching 

Sometimes when I search something, search results show notes that doesn't contain the word I want to search. So some of the notes that's showing doesn't highlight any words because it doesn't contain the words. As a result, search results are so many that it takes long time to find the note I want to use.

I think it mostly happens when the keywords contain basic words, like "it's", "that's", "a" etc. (or phrases that contain apostrophe?? ) 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:37 AM, doonyakka said:

Very relieved that this has finally been released, and I can start working through my backlog of hundreds of unclipped emails! However, I'm still seeing some table rendering issues with certain emails clipped in Postbox.

Here's an example of what part of an email looks like:

screenshot.png.0002dca5e7f4bae777eea0d8851000af.png

And this is what I see if I clip it:

screenshot.png.e7454f82469b159fd8c61a38e0e711d1.png

Happy to submit the ENEX through the support system, if needed.

Sure, please submit an ENEX file and we will take a look at what is causing this.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:33 PM, prjna said:

There is an issue with changing font style on the Korean language.
I can't change bold or italic font to normal font using a keyboard shortcut only. Because if cursor still blinks, no matter what I change font style, it reverses to the bold or italic font if I start typing.

Thanks for the information, I am creating a new issue to track this and have our test team try with the latest version of the Editor 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:27 PM, prjna said:

When I imported note from note history, the tags are missing.

That's by design. Restoring a note from Note History will not restore the tag. 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:25 PM, prjna said:

Right after editing an image by "Annotate this Image...", I can't change notebook by clicking the left top notebook name.

58dddcac1eaa2_2017-03-3113_34_53.png.e83b45c30681b5ba3ca7aaf87fe4c0d7.png

For change notebook, I should click show information, title or contents and re-try.

Thanks for reporting this. We have a ticket filed to investigate it. 

On 4/29/2017 at 3:07 AM, trumpetg said:

screenshot.png

Hi there. This is fixed in the next Beta. Thanks for pointing it out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nicolml said:

That's by design. Restoring a note from Note History will not restore the tag. 

Thank you for your reply, nicolml.

But I saw this function from your guide movie clip(https://youtu.be/BGayK_hTkj8, 1:33). In this clip, the previous version can restore tags.

I think most people, including me, want to use this function literally for entire restoring. Tags definitely should be there.

I hope you guys bring this function back.

On 2017. 4. 30. at 오전 9시 23분, prjna said:

The problem that the note adds a line under the last line of contents is solved.

I decided too hastily.

Right after add image, it looks fine.

Buf after I edit that note, it happens again.

Still, if notes end with plain text, it's fine. But if notes end with images, bulleted or numbered texts, Evernote add a line automatically.