Store the "SubSites" of a Site too (like page1, page2 etc)

halriko544

Idea

Hi,

many pages cut the text and so there are more pages (page1, page2, page3). Look at the link at the bottom.

I use feedly to store the interessting pages to an evernote directory. So I can read it later offline.

Websites which have many pages are very anoying. Evernote stores only the first page.

Can Evernote be improved to check if there are more pages at the bottom of the Website? And store them too? And it would be great to show my that there are more pages. At this time I can not recognize if there are more websites. Because I store without formating (to have the same text from each website for easyier reading). So Evernote deletes the information that this website has more pages that the stored one.

Is this improvement possible?

http://www.handelsblatt.com/unternehmen/handel-konsumgueter/adidas-konkurrent-macht-verlust-under-armour-stuerzt-ab/19726476.html

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  So if I read your link correctly,  it has 50+ links to other pages.  And each one of those has (presumably) a similar number of links,  including at least one back to the current page.  Rather than the 1.5MB which (apparently) this 1 page generates,  you'd want something over 75MB worth of pages clipped 'for easier reading'?

Should each multiple clip be set against your monthly upload allowance?  What happens if a page has links to other sources which exceed the remaining balance available?  Should there be a warning message - 'cannot clip attached pages: total volume exceeds upload allowance' ?  What if you don't want to see any of those pages?

I don't think this is a feasible option.  It's not possible to predict what additional information each page might offer,  or whether any linked pages are interesting,  or lead to a 1GB+ download.  It has to be down to the live operator to decide what to look at,  and whether or not to clip the content.

Hi,

no that would be stupid.

Look at the screenshot. The End of such a Website is important. In this German Website Seite1, Seite2 (Page1, Page2)

I want them too.

Now you can read my first post again. I think you would understand it better.

2017-04-29 - 122843.png

• Level 5*

Ah.  I see now - you want to capture all the pages of one item.  That is actually possible - Evernote Clearly (now sadly discontinued) would do that,  and the 'simplified article' clip seems to do the same on this site at least.  I've also been able to get all pages copied by looking for a 'print' option on the page - some sites support exporting long text items to a simpler layout so the entire page can be printed.  If that starts a Print process,  print to PDF and attach to a note.  If it just improves the layout so you can print from the browser page,  use clipper on the Print page.

Simplified Artcle seems to work on your link - I scrolled to the bottom of the page and got to here:

5904740c5c746_ScreenClip5.png.166d9b1eca611d0aba09960a6495c4ec.png

Simplified Artcle seems to work on your link - I scrolled to the bottom of the page and got to here:

Hi,

no it doesnt work. The Page 1+2 is disappeared. So when I get this website in Evernote to read I will not know that the page hase more than one page ! That is the problem I have. Always when I get in Evernote a note from handelsblatt.com (that is like the "financial times" from germany! big website) I do never know if there are more pages to read.

And I get the notes from the RSS Feedreader Feedly. I click to collect the information only to the title of any news, to store to evernote (on the right side the elephant symbol).

Feedly uses the "unformat" mode of webclipper. So the information of how much pages are on this side are gone.

Look hier on the screenshot of feedly. Look at the symbol of evernote. I hope my problem is now more accurate. (I have no control by visiting the webiste and use the webcliper.)

I think Evernote have to improve his webclipper, so that it can recognize if a website has more then one page to read.

Archived