New Design

Amnesty

Idea

Hi there, 

first of all: sorry for my poor english. I am not a native speaker but I'll try my very best.

Thanks for the great work with Evernote 8 for iOS. I really love the clear and new design. 

Are there any plans to introduce a new design for macOS as well? Compared to the iOS Version or Bear Evernote 6 for Mac looks too overloaded to me. 

Thanks for your answers,

Andreas

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Speaking as a power user, please do not bring the iPhone UI to a desktop platform. The phone is mostly for looking things up, minor editing, and reference. The desktop is for getting work done and I don't want a "less cluttered" UI that requires more clicking. It is already so "uncluttered" on the Mac that I have to spend days scrolling the right side bar to find what I want because there aren't enough toolbars to house important items that are visible 100% of the time, like saved searches and shortcuts.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Amnesty said:

Are there any plans to introduce a new design for macOS as well? Compared to the iOS Version or Bear Evernote 6 for Mac looks too overloaded to me. 

We're just user's here, and Evernote doesn't usually give advance notice of their plans.59027b0a691e5_ScreenShot2017-04-27at4_12_03PM.png.9f55e89eef5f94503534301c3ae9d5d2.png

Are you using v6.11 on your Mac?
It seems to reflect the new UI we're seeing in the IOS and Web platforms

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Are you using v6.11 on your Mac?  It seems to duplicate the new UI we're seeing in the IOS and Web platforms

Hmmm... I have the latest Mac and iOS versions, and they thankfully do not duplicate each other here.

Archived