Bug? Notes moving between notebooks by themselves

Joe G

I've been using Evernote free edition for years, mainly on my Android phone but also on a Win7 laptop.  I have about 10 notebooks, maybe 150 notes in total.  I have noticed recently that notes I have created in specific notebooks are showing up in "My Notebook," which is my default notebook.  While I have updated the content in these notes I have not done anything else to move them from their notebooks.  Yet they still move themselves from where they are to "My Notebook"

I have tried to move them back to the notebooks I want and sync with the server.  I verify that after the sync they're where I want them, and yet the next time I come in they'll be back in "My Notebook."

I have created new notes in notebooks other than "My Notebook" and seen them migrate to "My Notebook."  It seems that activity on the note causes it to move.

I stopped using Evernote on my laptop to see if the relocation had anything to do with multiple clients but it didn't make any difference.  The behavior persisted even when it was just me on my Droid.

I dumped Activity logs before I reset the notes, after I moved the notes back and synced, and then after the notes had auto-moved back to "My Notebook" to see if I could diff them and see what was happening.  Nothing jumped out at me.  I googled and found out how to submit a bug report.  I submitted this problem and included the last activity log, which included all the testing I did.  I guess only paying customers can submit bugs.  I got a nice email back that said "go use the forums," so here I am. 

Does anybody here have similar experience with notes moving by themselves to "My Notebook" or their default notebook?  Is this a known problem, hopefully with a simple solution?  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

• Level 5*

For clarity, are you sure you are not in All Notebooks when you see this?  Can you take a screenshot of the left panel showing the 10 notebooks?  That would help.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Joe G said:

Does anybody here have similar experience with notes moving by themselves to "My Notebook" or their default notebook? 

My default Notebook (@Inbox) is cleared daily.  I would notice if any notes moved into it.  I've not seen it happening (Mac/IOS)

• Level 5*

Well, if you move 5 of the notes in My Notebook to other notebooks, My Notebook then shows 1, and come back later and there are 6 notes in My Notebook that would be time for a support ticket.  

FYI, I move notes around a bit on IOS and have not seen this behavior.  Seems to work for me for whatever reason.

• Level 5*

Not honestly sure whether I've seen notes moving around,  but I've never noticed particularly.  Something seems to be in the wrong notebook,  it gets moved.  I am pretty sure I've never done that twice with the same note.  There have been a couple of 'notes jumped' comments in the forums,  but only a couple and whether its exactly the same issue or not I don;t know.  Interesting to see whether anyone else comes forward.  Meantime:  have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote on your Android?

• 2 weeks later...

I did uninstall and reinstall Evernote 5 days ago.  That might have done the trick.  So far I haven't seen notes move into "My Notebook."  Thanks for the suggestion.  Hopefully this closes the incident

Archived