Auto/Quick formatting wall of text

I'm an obsessive note taker. Most of my notes are taken by cherry picking bits and pieces from websites (blogs/articles/etc) + adding my own comments to that information. Which results in a big wall of text, which is pretty unreadable. I'd like to be able to format my notes quicker.

Most optimal solution I can imagine would be something (another app/service/plugin/extension/whatever) that would automatically format that text like:

• this looks like a code, let's add format as code block
  • this line has an empty line before that, could be heading, let's format it like h1

Does something like that exists? It not, I would be really thankful if Evernote community @here would share some personal tips on how they solve this problem. Thanks!

• Level 5*

AFAIK no word processor or note taking app exists that will format your text for you.  MSWord (and similar) will correct spelling and (for normal typing) default as helpfully as it can: it will auto-generate bullets or numbers forinstance until the first blank line.  Markdown versions exist that will format text with minimum effort - but only in so far as you use the markdown layout correctly.  But mix in clippings from other web pages,  and the formatting on the page is a bit of a lottery anyway.  Clips include code snippets that won't appear on screen,  but set the formatting of any text that does. Without returning the whole page to plain text and then reformatting everything you may have to be content with whatever layout and text size the original author set.  There's no shortcut to well laid out notes,  other than taking the time to arrange things neatly.

There's no shortcut to well laid out notes

I hope the almighty AI solves this one day :D. Getting tired of formatting things manually, because I feel it should't take insane effort to write an algorithm that provides some reasonable formatting. I'm not talking about some piece of art, just bold here and there, some spaces, etc

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

• Level 5*

I have enough trouble with predictive on my phone 'correcting' my spelling when I didn't need it to - I suspect I'd be deselecting this option with extreme prejudice if we ever get it.  ;)

Archived