Easier access to Reminder data

I have recently started using Reminders more (and sync to Rememberthemilk, which is truly awesome and highly recommended!), but find it annoying that the actual date and time of the reminder is three clicks away - first clicking the drop down, then choosing Reminder, then choosing Change Date. Either I am missing something, or this feature was not implement very effectively.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way to see the Reminder data and/or to change the date/time in an easier fashion?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, shekala said:

Does anyone know if there is an easier way to see the Reminder data and/or to change the date/time in an easier fashion?

In Windows, I understand you can use List View and display the Reminder Date as a column

On my Mac, I use a script to set note metadata items like Reminder Date

Thanks. Yes, looks like List View will show Reminders, but it doesn't work for me since the List View is not my preference, and need to see the Reminder data in the Note itself as well. 

Seems to me that they should make this kind of thing available. No reason the data is so buried. 

• Level 5*

You can see the reminder date, not the time to the right of the note title in the note header area, in whatever view.  Not sure if that is good enough.

Yeah I got tired of the clicks and used PhraseExpress to create some hotkeys that let me add/close a reminder, change a reminder, and clear a reminder (Alt-1 to 3).  FWIW.  

Thanks, but not seeing what you are referring to. All I see is what is shown below - no reminder date.

Do you guys know if anyone from Evernote monitors these forums and if so, if they pay attention to suggestions or concerns like this? Is there somewhere else to post recommenations?

Thanks!

Header.thumb.png.97f5b794252175d2648fdda7de2538d3.png

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, shekala said:

Do you guys know if anyone from Evernote monitors these forums and if so, if they pay attention to suggestions or concerns like this? Is there somewhere else to post recommenations?

Yes, Evernote does read every post in the forums, and do pay attention, but they do not implement all suggestions. There may be other places to post recommendations (e.g. Twitter), but as far as I know, they're no different than this forum in that respect. One thing, though; some of the subforums here are designated as Product Feedback forums where feature requests are specifically requested, and other users can add their votes (and comments) to the suggestions. I'll (or someone else) can this topic to the Windows client Product Feedback forum if you wish.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, shekala said:

Thanks, but not seeing what you are referring to. All I see is what is shown below - no reminder date.

Thanks!

Header.thumb.png.97f5b794252175d2648fdda7de2538d3.png

You need to customize the note toolbar to see the reminder.  Click on the down arrow above the font A in your image above.  Click on customize and then drag the reminder icon to the area just to the left of the down arrow until you see a + sign and the icon appears, then drop it.  Should look like the below when done.  I find it helps to have the info icon there as well, FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.16aa6e9b6289ee750d8e9f9b16f036b6.png

• Level 5*

@shekala

Also, even though you don't prefer the list view, you can create a saved search and save the view in reminder order.  Only view you would have to have as list.  I prefer side list so not a big deal for me.

ScreenClip.png.e849af25b9b7fcbd4d81c78e878d4162.png

Archived