Auto adds itself to Login Items

Mac 10.9.5  Evernote Premium 6.8

Everytime I launch evernote app, it automatically adds itself to the System Preferences Login Items. Which means it will auto launch next startup. I can literally watch it appear in the System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items window as I launch the application. 

After downloading from web site and installing, I find  6.11 is not compatible with 10.9. 

Why on earth would the website auto-pick that version for me if it was not compatible? If they are incapable of detecting my OS version, then ask! Or at least tell me the minimum requirements. 

BTW I can't find minimum requirements anywhere on the website.  Come on people! A trendy simple attractive website is nice, but please don't abandon basic function.

I was a diehard Evernote user for many years. I left after the 2 device limit debacle. I recently came back to Evernote as a Premium subscriber.

Annoying autolaunch bug, annoying no in-app update bug, annoying trendy website that downloads incompatible versions, annoying website that does not list minimum requirements. 

No support options besides a forum. No timely support response from employee in forum. I am beginning to regret my decision to return.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:16 AM, spam4stan said:

Yes, I can remove evernote from login items, however if I ever launch the application again, it will auto-add itsself to the login items.

Thank you for letting me know. Would you mind submitting a support ticket and letting me know the ticket number here? I look forward to your response.

Update for those with same issue.

The gist I am getting from the support ticket is that this is known bug (published anywhere?) with 6.8 that was fixed in 6.11, however 6.11 requires 10.10. No plans to fix bug. 

WOW. I am getting more and more disappointed with a product I used to admire and recommend. Even though I disliked using OneNote enough to switch back to Evernote, I am considering switching again.  Any suggestions? Wish list: Mac OS 10.9.5 support, web clipper. 

Archived