We use Snagit for screen shots and editing; we like the product a lot. But pasting doesn't work in EN; it does in the other tools we use (ZenDesk, Slack, etc.)

We'd rather not have to use another grabber JUST for evernote. 

Any ideas how to make this work?

• Level 5*
On 4/17/2017 at 10:32 AM, reciProfity said:

But pasting doesn't work in EN

What doesn't work? Does Snagit put its capture on the Windows clipboard?

BTW, Evernote has their own screen capture tool as part of the standard Windows installation. 

Yes, it's in the clipboard. I can past into email and other aps. But the same paste button doesn't do anything in EN.

Yes, they have their own screen capture. But why is  EN the ONLY app of many that I use that doesn't accept a pasted graphic?

• 1 year later...

Nope. Here we are in Jun 2018.

a simple snagit clip does copy and paste into Evernote

However a composite snagit clip (combining two or more snagit images) does not paste into Evernote.
It does paste happily into Word or WordPad or Outlook or..........

My workaround is to have Wordpad open. Paste it in there. Take another Snagit clip and then paste it into Evernote.

Ugly..but if there is another way...let me know

• Ex Employees

I'm looking into this, but can't reproduce the issue. Do you know which version of snagit you are you using? 

On 4/17/2017 at 9:32 AM, reciProfity said:

We'd rather not have to use another grabber JUST for evernote. 

Until we can fix this, why not try the screen grabber that's built into Evernote?

Just right-click the icon in the tray, and select "Clip Screenshot" or use our global screen grab shortcut (WIN+SHIFT+S). If you're on WIN 10, you'll need to change the keyboard option to something else since the WIN 10 OS uses that key combination already. You can change these from Tools > Options > Shortcut Keys. 

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue.  Using Evernote 6.13.14.7474 and Snagit 2018.2.1 on Windows 10.  I can paste a screenshot into Evernote, but if I do any editing of the image like add an arrow or box, then it won't paste.  But it will paste in Office apps like Powerpoint, etc.  I recently upgraded Snagit and don't recall this being an issue on an older version of Snagit...maybe one or two years older.   The downside of using the Evernote grabber is I don't believe it has all the image editing features of Snagit and Snagit does work already with a simple unaltered screenshot.

Beecher has it as well. 

Evernote grabber is nowhere near as versatile as snagit. 

As Beecher confirmed, it worked before and now fails. 

Canwe get a committ to fix this.  Evernote User for over 15 yrs

Kamflam

Archived