Dikrane

When pasting content, Evernote adds a link to the note

Idea

Hello,

I noticed that each time I copy paste a content from an external source (email, website...) into a note, Evernote adds the URL of the pasted content to the top right corner of the note.

How can I disable this feature?

Thank you.

Dikrane

evernote.jpg

• Like 1

11 replies to this idea

Hi.  How are you copying and pasting?  With Windows clipboard or with Evernote's screen grab?

No way that I know how to disable it. I always thought that it was pretty handy...

On 4/12/2017 at 10:52 PM, Dikrane said:

Hello,

I noticed that each time I copy paste a content from an external source (email, website...) into a note, Evernote adds the URL of the pasted content to the top right corner of the note.

How can I disable this feature?

Thank you.

Dikrane

evernote.jpg

+1

I'd like the option to disable this feature.

If you wish one of us to move this to a feature request forum, where other users can vote on it, let us know...

23 hours ago, jefito said:

If you wish one of us to move this to a feature request forum, where other users can vote on it, let us know...

Yes, please!

Maybe re-title it: Option to disable automatic addition of URL to note when pasting content 

OK - Moved to general feature request area - if you'd like to retitle the thread,  you should have that option as the originator of the item...

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

OK - Moved to general feature request area - if you'd like to retitle the thread,  you should have that option as the originator of the item...

I'm not the OP, and the OP has only 1 post, so he may not be back to retitle the thread.

2 hours ago, tavor said:

I'm not the OP, and the OP has only 1 post, so he may not be back to retitle the thread.

Sorry - old age catching up on me...  (and see comment above :unsure:)

Hi to everyone,

I apologize I did not notice you answered.

This link appears in both Evernote web app and desktop app.

Content comes from Windows clipboard via copy from browser and paste to Evernote note.

The feature displays the first copy paste source url. Then if I add additional clipboard content from other websites, the link becomes irrelevant because it will display only the first pasted source url. On the top of this, if I clear my note, the link remains persistent, it remains there once for all.

I wish we could just disable this feature because he can become quickly inaccurate and misleading.

Otherwise, I am a big fan of Evernote, an outstanding software, the best from far for taking notes (both look and feel + functionalities), thank you very much.

Dikrane

On 15/05/2017 at 3:16 PM, Dikrane said:

the link becomes irrelevant because it will display only the first pasted source url. On the top of this, if I clear my note, the link remains persistent, it remains there once for all.

Hi again - It's not usually necessary for me to copy several times from different pages into the same note.  I'll usually clip an article,  a selection,  a bookmark* or a screenshot into a note and then any further clips go into a new note.  In that way, each clip keeps its unique URL and if I want to delete a clip I delete the note,  which solves the problem about links remaining despite the content being cleared.  Multiple notes on the same subject can be kept together by a specific title,  or a tag - but probably will come up as a group in a search anyway,  if the subject is mentioned in each clip.

If I need to the notes to be kept more tightly together I merge them when clipping is finished and use the merge options (if you have them) to keep the URL for each individual note.  Or I use a Table of Contents note and save a link to that as an index of my activity.  - A ToC note can be created by highlighting the results of a search,  so it's a sort of saved search,  though it won't be updated unless you do so manually.

Hope some of that helps!

(* Bookmarks include the URL in the note body too,  so those URLs are easier to manage)