URL required when clipping

sanjayk

Idea

When using the web clipper - I noticed that the source URL from where the content is picked up is not included. I think it will be great to have an option which says "Include source url" or similar. 

Please note that the OneNote clipper already does this. OneNote clipper also an option to only bookmark the URL which is something that can be provided as well.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK Evernote Clipper has included the URL in the resulting note for the past several years.  IT's also possible to choose a 'bookmark' option which is exactly what it says on the can - a direct link to the web page in the body of the note.

My bad as regards the Bookmark. 

I now see that the URL is visible in the top right hand corner when you click on the title of the note. However, I was not aware of this and this is not very easy to find as compared to OneNote which shows it much more prominently just before the article itself. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, sanjayk said:

However, I was not aware of this and this is not very easy to find as compared to OneNote which shows it much more prominently just before the article itself.

But now you know. If you have a problem with the location of the URL in an Evernote client, that's not a web clipper issue: you should post suggestions in the Product Feedback forum for the operating system you're referring to (which you didn't mention here).

Archived