Sierra Update

garicketts

I can confirm this. It is after the latest Sierra update (10.12.4) that the Evernote Web clipper simply stops working. As in when clicking on it nothing happens. The other person I heard of was also using a similar (2013ish) MacBook Air but I have no idea if that is relevant. 

Tried uninstalling the clipper and restarting Safari but it just won't work anymore. 

• Level 5*
On 13/04/2017 at 10:56 AM, Limegreen said:

I can confirm this. It is after the latest Sierra update (10.12.4) that the Evernote Web clipper simply stops working. As in when clicking on it nothing happens. The other person I heard of was also using a similar (2013ish) MacBook Air but I have no idea if that is relevant. 

Tried uninstalling the clipper and restarting Safari but it just won't work anymore. 

Hi.  We're not Evernote as such here,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum;  if you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

- The more reports they get,  the quicker the fix...

I also had problems with Web Clipper after Sierra update.

I lodged a support ticket with Evernote and Thom took me through a couple of obvious steps.  Here are his instructions AND they worked for me:

Thom (Evernote Help and Learning)

Apr 18, 08:04 PDT 

Hi Sally,

If you continue to experience this issue with Cookies and website data set to 'Allow cookies' or 'Allow cookies from websites I visit', I would recommend the following steps to get the Clipper back up and running.

1. Uninstall the Evernote Web Clipper in Safari by navigating to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Evernote Web Clipper and choose Uninstall
  2. From the menubar, choose Safari > Clear History and choose All History then Clear History
  3. On your keyboard, press ⌘ command + ⌥ option + escsimultaneously, then select Safari and choose Force Quit
  4. Restart your Mac
  5. Open Safari and install the Evernote Web Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper
On 13/04/2017 at 7:56 PM, Limegreen said:

Here are instructions from Evernote AND they worked for me.  Hope they'll fix it for you too!

Hi Sally,

If you continue to experience this issue with Cookies and website data set to 'Allow cookies' or 'Allow cookies from websites I visit', I would recommend the following steps to get the Clipper back up and running.

1. Uninstall the Evernote Web Clipper in Safari by navigating to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Evernote Web Clipper and choose Uninstall
  2. From the menubar, choose Safari > Clear History and choose All History then Clear History
  3. On your keyboard, press ⌘ command + ⌥ option + escsimultaneously, then select Safari and choose Force Quit
  4. Restart your Mac
  5. Open Safari and install the Evernote Web Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper
On 4/19/2017 at 2:35 AM, Sally0407 said:

Here are instructions from Evernote AND they worked for me.  Hope they'll fix it for you too!

Hi Sally,

4. Restart your Mac

Thank you! The 'clear all history' didn't occur to me but those instructions did the trick.  

24 minutes ago, Vidushi said:

Tried this. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Here is the instruction from Evernote BEFORE the one I posted above.  Maybe try this one and then try the first one I posted after that.

Apr 17, 05:54 PDT 

Hi Sally,

Thanks for this information. In this case, the settings configuration for Safari > Preferences > Privacy is the cause of behavior you are encountering. I'd suggest changing the setting for Cookies and website data to something other than 'Allow from current website only' to allow the Clipper to login.

The authentication token that determines that you are signed into your Evernote account in the Web Clipper is stored in your browser as a cookie. Because your login token is stored in this way, configuring your browser to allow cookies only from the current website will prevent the Clipper from logging in.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Thom

Archived