Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Mac 6.11 GA

Idea

Hi folks,

Today we're announcing Evernote for Mac, version 6.11 GA! You can download it here.

We've posted a blog on the new Touch Bar functionality https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2017/04/11/5-cool-ways-use-touch-bar-evernote/ Please share it on social media and in other forums. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Mac Team

--------------

Evernote for Mac 6.11

New:
Touch Bar support for the latest MacBook Pros allows quick access to key navigation and note editing commands.

Fixed:
We've fixed several issues people were having with notes:
- Search terms weren’t highlighted in notes for some searches
- Clicking on an attachment sometimes caused the note to scroll up, making it hard to open attachments
- Shift + arrow up or down did not highlight if the line above or below was blank
- Shift + enter did not create a non-bulleted line in a bulleted list
- Couldn’t delete the leftmost column in a table if the top cell is formatted
- Line breaks were unexpectedly removed after syncing some notes originally created on iPhone
- Content copied from a PDF sometimes could not be pasted into a note
- Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns
- If the last item in a list was blank, it disappeared when users navigated away and then back to the note
- Couldn’t remove indents from text in some notes created in earlier versions of Evernote 
- In tables, if you triple clicked to select the content and then cut, you would be unable to focus on the cell
- If you added a new checklist item in the middle of an existing checklist, one character of a checklist item might be unexpectedly deleted

3 people like this

200 replies to this idea

Are there any plans on the horizon to fix the bug where when you type in a tag with a dash, it works correctly? I have a tag "2-Next" and if I type "2-" it fills in "2-Next-", which is a new tag.

Used to work fine on the Mac (Yosemite perhaps?) but hasn't in a while. Works fine on Windows and iOS.

1 person likes this

Just tested it and it no longer removes spaces as I type in the title!!!  Perfect.  Thanks.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, EdH said:

Are there any plans on the horizon to fix the bug where when you type in a tag with a dash, it works correctly? I have a tag "2-Next" and if I type "2-" it fills in "2-Next-", which is a new tag.

Used to work fine on the Mac (Yosemite perhaps?) but hasn't in a while. Works fine on Windows and iOS.

@EdH Thanks for bringing that issue up. We filed a bug with Apple about this. "29008752 NSTokenField on 10.12.1 incorrectly tokenizes with hyphen character." We're waiting on the fix so we can make the necessary fixes on our end. 

2 people like this

The icons in the menu bar are messed up. Screenshot attached. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.34.37 PM.png

1 person likes this

LinkedIn "View Profile" links on business card notes are broken. They bring me to a "this profile is not available" page (see attached image). I checked several business card notes and verified the issue is widespread.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 8.50.47 PM.png

58dddcac1eaa2_2017-03-3113_34_53.png.e83b45c30681b5ba3ca7aaf87fe4c0d7.pngAgain, right after I edit an image by "Annotate this Image...", I can't change notebook by clicking the left top notebook name.

For change notebook, I should click show information, title or contents and re-try.

Your support team replies me that I should wait for second for syncing, but No, it exists forever.

58dde36f4b8f2_2017-03-3114_04_18.gif.06e2c9db5d33d08fe549acfcbf65b4f9.gif

Again, when I add a tag, if it starts English or number, Evernote recommend similar tags that start with that character or word.

But if I want to add a tag by the Korean language, recommendation function doesn't work well.

Again, the note adds an additional line under the last line of contents.

I thought it was fixed but no, not at all.

When I imported note from note history, the tags are gone.

I checked the post, "How to use note history in Evernote" on Evernote general discussions, it uses to import tag too.

I hope when I import note from note history, the tags are imported together.

I use to add pictures by drag to Evernote icon on the dock.

If I do this, Evernote makes new note windows, and I can edit their name or contents without search another place.

But nowadays, if I drag one picture, a new window pop up. But if I drag pictures to Evernote icon on the dock, notebooks are added basic notebook without showing new note windows. So I should rename files before add or must search each of notes.

I hope you guys roll back the previous function.

There is an eternal problem with the Korean language with Evernote.

I can't change the normal font from bold or italic font during one word.

Okay, if you want to type abcdef, you just type ab(cmd+b)cd(cmd+b)ef, right?

If you do the same thing with Korean, you can't finish this.

You can change the normal font to bold or italic freely.

But NEVER GET BACK without another method.

You should press icon or press space and backspace or click the mouse.

It's very very annoying thing.

I reported this problem, and it fixed at 6.11.beta3.

I was really satisfied with it.

Because I have used Evernote since 2012 and not only I pay, but also I like this app.

But this problem repeated, and I feel terrible.

Test.mp4

My notes with tables are messed up.  Tables show about 10 extra columns that are empty.  Clicking on any  of those columns crashes the application.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 10.47.54 PM.png

3 people like this

HTML format is gone

After update to 6.11 (454876), copy from web and paste to Evernote would lost some format

My usual case is below:

1. Edit markdown in other editor (ex: Sublime text)
  2. Parse it to html (ex: Sublime text with Markdown Preview)
  3. Copy it to Evernote
  4. And I lost many of font format, color ... etc

In addition, I copy contents from common website also lost some info.

1 person likes this

When I copied code on Xcode or Webpage to Evernote, it missed style on this version. 

Is a Bug on this version? How can I solve it ?

Old Version:

58edbd7c78ccd_2017-04-1212_03_46.png.472e8d0d537e8d7767e6b4de5a2e33fd.png

This Version:

58edbd7b4cd07_2017-04-1212_04_23.png.29b9a36e72b0e6e334849d837fc8861d.png

1 person likes this

Crash after upgrade to 6.11GA from 6.10, purge ~/Application Support/com.evernote.* make no sense. After sign in it would crash after sync for a while.

back to 6.10 it works fine.

16 hours ago, JRS8877 said:

The icons in the menu bar are messed up. Screenshot attached. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.34.37 PM.png

+ 1   58ee2f32b91f9_ScreenShot2017-04-12at15_42_21.png.7bdb78835c46c3b3eec1bc377508d4ca.png

3 people like this

12 hours ago, prjna said:

Again, the note adds an additional line under the last line of contents.

I thought it was fixed but no, not at all.

Thanks for bringing this up. This is by design in the case where the note ends with a table or a full width image, and maybe a few other cases. The intent is to make sure there is a way for you to move the cursor to the end of the note. We could look at different ways of solving this problem if it is causing other issues.

11 hours ago, prjna said:

There is an eternal problem with the Korean language with Evernote.

I can't change the normal font from bold or italic font during one word.

Okay, if you want to type abcdef, you just type ab(cmd+b)cd(cmd+b)ef, right?

If you do the same thing with Korean, you can't finish this.

You can change the normal font to bold or italic freely.

But NEVER GET BACK without another method.

You should press icon or press space and backspace or click the mouse.

It's very very annoying thing.

I reported this problem, and it fixed at 6.11.beta3.

I was really satisfied with it.

Because I have used Evernote since 2012 and not only I pay, but also I like this app.

But this problem repeated, and I feel terrible.

Test.mp4

so then you will (incorrectly) end up with abcdef  -- is that what you are saying?

12 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

Thanks for bringing this up. This is by design in the case where the note ends with a table or a full width image, and maybe a few other cases. The intent is to make sure there is a way for you to move the cursor to the end of the note. We could look at different ways of solving this problem if it is causing other issues.

It also occurred on end of a bulleted list or numbered list.

And I think it is not the full-width image.

All image.

5 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

so then you will (incorrectly) end up with abcdef  -- is that what you are saying?

Yes. If you type the Korean language, you cannot go back normal font from bold or italic font by cmd+b or cmd+i. Because Evernote automatically goes back to bold or italic font while you are typing.

On 4/11/2017 at 11:34 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

- Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns

Unfortunately this is still not completely fixed, as reported in beta 4 here.

This will be the 2nd major update in a roll that eludes me. Since the introduction of the bug in 6.10 betas, I've been forced to stay with 6.9.2. Sad.

Happy: finally removed the "spaces deleted after your type in title area" flaw.  This was ruining my typing, I was training myself to never pause afraid the prior space would be deleted.  It was actually throwing my typing off in programs outside of Evernote

Sad: Broke bullet points.  Whenever I type bullet points and insert or hit return, they disappear.  If I jump to another note and sync they sometimes return.  

This App is so complex that one fix usually breaks another part of the App.  Wish I could go back to the older simpler Evernote from 3 or 4 years ago without all the bells and whistles I never use.

21 hours ago, VictorB said:

Happy: finally removed the "spaces deleted after your type in title area" flaw.  This was ruining my typing, I was training myself to never pause afraid the prior space would be deleted.  It was actually throwing my typing off in programs outside of Evernote

Sad: Broke bullet points.  Whenever I type bullet points and insert or hit return, they disappear.  If I jump to another note and sync they sometimes return.  

This App is so complex that one fix usually breaks another part of the App.  Wish I could go back to the older simpler Evernote from 3 or 4 years ago without all the bells and whistles I never use.

@VictorB Can you open a support ticket with us at https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action ? 

On 4/12/2017 at 3:42 AM, w.vela said:

Crash after upgrade to 6.11GA from 6.10, purge ~/Application Support/com.evernote.* make no sense. After sign in it would crash after sync for a while.

back to 6.10 it works fine.

@w.vela Can you submit your crash to us and open a support ticket? 
https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

This update broke (or at least seems to have broken) "small capitals" font support. Was this intentional?