Notebook encryption across devices

Greg2013

Idea

I know this has been asked before, but I'd like to bring this up again. I've been a loyal premium Evernote user for many years. I love many many things about Evernote. Especially the seamless syncing of notes across all my macs, phones, iPads etc. I find it indispensable for work and productivity outside of work, and to that end, I always have my Evernote open on my screen at work, at home etc. I have a bunch of sensitive notes that need to be encrypted, I would hate for someone to see them at work or at home etc. To that end because Evernote does not offer notebook encryption, I've been forced to use OneNote which does for those sensitive notes. I hate having to go to different places for my notes. I have too many notes to encrypt them one by one. I don't like OneNote, but it does encryption well. I wish I didn't have to use OneNote ever. I've looked into 3rd party encryption options for Evernote and they are not as seamless and convenient as I expect Evernote to be. Please bring full notebook encryption to Evernote, unless you want your more loyal of customers touching a competing product :(

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Greg2013 said:

I've been forced to use OneNote which does for those sensitive notes.

Personally I make sure my sensitive data is encrypted in Envernote.  
My method is to store my data as encrypted attachments;  mostly PDF, but Pages/Word and Numbers/Excel also allow encryption

I've moved this request from the Mac platform to the General Requests forum

I hear, just still cumbersome. I'm thinking I just use touch id to access the notebooks that are encrypted on my phone, and pin on computer. Less of an issue on the phone because I already have touch id protecting the entire evernote app.

Archived