Evernote and MS Edge Web Notes

lorenzo.btt

Idea

Long story short:

I have been waiting for the good folks at Evernote to bring in some refinement to the client's touch interface. To no avail so far.

I have been hoping to see Evernote grow to be able to annotate notes with ink, as opposed to the clunky, half-baked solution brought forth by Skitch. So far no news on that.

Ultimately I thought I had found a good compromise through MS Edge which (much as OneNote would), allows to ink a web page then save the result. Of course, trying to clip the resulting page with Evernote's Web Clipper will bring up an error message advising that "this page cannot be accessed. Please reload and try again". 

I have been using Evernote Premium for years, but lately I have started experiencing a growing sense of frustration as I apparently am no longer  able to get the app to work for me, the way I want/need it to.

Anyone else as tried the above with different results?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or comment

1 reply to this idea

4 hours ago, lorenzo.btt said:

Ultimately I thought I had found a good compromise through MS Edge which (much as OneNote would), allows to ink a web page then save the result. Of course, trying to clip the resulting page with Evernote's Web Clipper will bring up an error message advising that "this page cannot be accessed. Please reload and try again".

When you are done making web notes, click on "Clip"" icon and you will see the following message displayed on your screen: "Drag to copy region", and the cursor will change to cross. Select a region you want to save, which will copy it as an image to the Clipboard. Then, you can paste it into Evernote note. You will be limited to it being an image, but at least it something. Just my opinion of course.

58ea997514d51_msedgewenoteclipexample..png.59d4a6d455365ddafc551133a783c17f.png

And below, is the example of the image created by using  "Clip" icon:

58ea9b57b67db_msedgewenoteclipexample2.thumb.png.13768ffd1ccde9114136f0e7cfc38b83.png

Archived