Get Fatal error after update

Hello, 

I get the error in the attachment just after updated. Evernote never opened again after update. I did uninstall and reinstall it but same result. Evernote web works just fine.

After I close the error I get a small window "Opening database" and after few seconds it is closed and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Fatal error.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Provided you have no local notebooks,  rename the folder C:\Users\<username>\Evernote\Databases to C:\Users\<username>\Evernote\Databases.old and try restarting Evernote.  It should start correctly,  detect that there's no current folder and start to rebuild the content from the server.  If you have a lot of notes,  wait 'til you need a coffee - it'll take a little while...

If that fails, try uninstalling Evernote with Revo Uninstaller Free - which reaches the parts that other uninstallers cannot reach - and restart / reinstall.

Ty for your response.

I tried renaming that folder but didn`t work and tried with revo uninstaller few days ago and didn`t work, I don`t know why because right now I have uninstalled Evernote and deleted manually C:\Users\<username>\Evernote folder and reinstall it and now seems to work.

So thread can be closed.

• Level 5*

Glad you found a way round it anyway.  As this is your thread,  you should be able to add [resolved] or some such to the title..  best leave it up in case it's helpful to someone else!

I have the same problem. It started after the recent update to v. 6.5.4.4720

Tried all the solutions and none of them work. I'm simply unable to start the program. The second it opens it crashes.

Any suggestions?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you've tried all the fixes so far and nothing helps,  I think you're going to need professional help - in case no-one said it yet,  we're not Evernote as such here,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum.

If you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Archived