(Cancer) Feature Request - Assign Tags - Filter

bootislands

Idea

UPDATE:

Awesome! I never knew this ctrl-q feature, completely solve my problem, very very very grateful :)

---

When you're in evernote Windows, you have the ability to assign tags (Tag Note = CTRL+ALT+T). You get a list of Tags (see Attached)

It would be great if this interface has the filtering feature.

I have 400+ tags, each time I use this assign tags, I have to locate it in a bunch of tags, too painful and waste time.

If you also support this feature, please bump or vote for it.

2017-04-02_3-42-13.png.6eea70108cf536353f247ea4e07de0ec.png

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  First, please don't 'bump' the thread - voting is better,  not against the forum rules,  makes life a little easier for the volunteers like me who (mainly) support and comment on posts... and is noted by Evernote as an indication that there are more folks interested in this idea than the many (thousands of) others around here.

Second - there are a ton of work-arounds to make tags easier to apply,  including text expander software and the fact that in most Evernote tag dialogues,  tags in CSV format - ".life.diary.reading,.life.hobby.cooking" can be copy/ pasted or single-key text expanded into the relevant field and will then be parsed into two (or more) separate tags as required.

Agreed the tag system could be much improved but I don't think this is by a long way Evernote's current main issue...

5 小時前, gazumped說:

Hi.  First, please don't 'bump' the thread - voting is better,  not against the forum rules,  makes life a little easier for the volunteers like me who (mainly) support and comment on posts... and is noted by Evernote as an indication that there are more folks interested in this idea than the many (thousands of) others around here.

Second - there are a ton of work-arounds to make tags easier to apply,  including text expander software and the fact that in most Evernote tag dialogues,  tags in CSV format - ".life.diary.reading,.life.hobby.cooking" can be copy/ pasted or single-key text expanded into the relevant field and will then be parsed into two (or more) separate tags as required.

Agreed the tag system could be much improved but I don't think this is by a long way Evernote's current main issue...

My English is not so good, I'm not sure I understand your second point correctly. How the tags is resolved and what this post request seems irrelevant I think? The reason why I name tags in this way, is because with the combination of nested tags, when I search the parent tag, the child tags will be covered too. Like when I search `tag: Life.Hobby*`, every note marked as `tag:Life.Hobby.Books` and `tag:Life.Hobby.Tenis` will also appear in the search results. You cannot do it with combination of `notebook:xxx`, except by this way. Anyway, I'm off the topic.

snipaste20170403_053454.png.2e877a767e6530131249f557f120aca5.png

I agree that this `tag filter` feature, is likely in the bottom of the PM team's priority list.

Pardon me to complain a little. In fact, for the 5+ years I use evernote, the official give me the impression that they move so SLOW. Look at its competitors `Wiz` in China. Wiz started its business later than evernote for many years, however Wiz now have 95%+ features evernote has, and at the same time, Wiz support `code highlighted(js/c/c++....)` `FULL markdown` `linux support` `multiple nested notebook` `more powerful crawler than EverClip`and many other features evernote don't have. I like evernote and I hope evernote move faster! 6.4 GA to 6.5 GA cost almost 5 months, and what new features was added? Only one `Enable on demand sync` which I never use. 5 months, Almost nothing!

I know that the official may have reasons, such as software stability better than move fast, or compare so many platforms and features with little R&D resources, I understand that, but I still hope it move faster! Although this is not a note software, look at `MyLifeOrganized`. Everyone who used it would marvel at its strength. Please learn its spirit, the spirit of squeezing every feature a software can have, spirit of the craftsman!

snipaste20170403_050900.png.cfc0d45ad210c77e20896d44f9892a34.png

Archived