Print notebook into an actual notebook format

smashleypowell

Idea

It would be great if you could print a notebook in it's entirety, into a notebook style format, with the date and time stamps and title for each note. This could even be done on an Evernote branded notebook. I would really like to have the diary style notes that I've created in this way...kind of surprised it doesn't exist yet!!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Windows? Mac? Android? iOS?

On the Windows client, you can configure what metadata should appear for each note (e.g. Notebook name, created date, tags, etc.) and whether to print each note on a separate page. (Tools / Options / Printing).This seems to meet your requirements.

Well, I don't want to print page by page. I'm saying to select an entire notebook, with however many notes are in it, and print it into a typical journal size of 5x8 or similar. I have seen your answer above on other posts before but I think that Evernote could iterate and expand their product line with this idea. 

Also, for all devices/systems.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, smashleypowell said:

Well, I don't want to print page by page. I'm saying to select an entire notebook

You didn't indicate your platform

On my Mac, I can select all the notes in a notebook and print with headers
The selection is an Evernote function; the printing is a function of the OS

What is your experience when printing?

• Level 5*

Well, I don't want to print page by page.

Then don't select that option (assuming you're on Windows; I don't know Mac stuff).

I'm saying to select an entire notebook, with however many notes are in it, and print it into a typical journal size of 5x8 or similar.

And I'm saying that you should be able to do this: page size is usually configurable via the standard print dialog.

I think that Evernote could iterate and expand their product line with this idea. 

Evernote could expand their product line with this and / or many other ideas. It's only a small matter of prioritization...

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, smashleypowell said:

Yes, Evernote could. Which I thought was the purpose of the forum. Is it not? Seems like it's just users giving other users advice.

Sure, feature requests are always welcome. But often the expectation is that feature X is easy, so why hasn't Evernote implemented it already? Evernote has many, many potential features it could add, so which ones to prioritize?

It's still not clear why the current functionality isn't suitable for your needs. I may be missing something, obviously, but part of feature requests is being specific about what you want. In any case, Evernote reads all posts, so you can hope that others will vote your post up to show that there's some interest in it.

Oh, and yes, there are a lot of other users here giving advice here in the forums; there's a reason for that: it's set up explicitly as a community forum, and not as an official support forum. Evernote staff do pop in occasionally (and they're always welcome), but more often you're going to get good advice faster here from other forum users than from Evernote staffers.

Archived