Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Mac 6.11 Beta 4 Released

Idea

Hi folks,

Today we're announcing Evernote for Mac, version 6.11 Beta 4! You can download it here.

This Beta addresses a few small issues with our last Beta including: The New Note button wasn't correctly localized, bullets and spacing in lists were sometimes disappearing, tables were sometimes incorrectly sized, and a couple of intermittent crashes.

No new additional features so the release notes are staying the same. This is our Release Candidate so let us know if you spot any issues. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Mac Team

--------------

Evernote for Mac 6.11

New:
Touch Bar support for the latest MacBook Pros allows quick access to key navigation and note editing commands.

Screenshot of the Touch Bar - providing access to back/forwards, quick search, view options, filter options and New Note when navigating notes

Capture1.thumb.PNG.00edbe5fc024007e45ac0466e02a16d0.PNG

Fixed:
We've fixed several issues people were having with notes:
- Search terms weren’t highlighted in notes for some searches
- Clicking on an attachment sometimes caused the note to scroll up, making it hard to open attachments
- Shift + arrow up or down did not highlight if the line above or below was blank
- Shift + enter did not create a non-bulleted line in a bulleted list
- Couldn’t delete the leftmost column in a table if the top cell is formatted
- Line breaks were unexpectedly removed after syncing some notes originally created on iPhone
- Content copied from a PDF sometimes could not be pasted into a note
- Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns
- If the last item in a list was blank, it disappeared when users navigated away and then back to the note
- Couldn’t remove indents from text in some notes created in earlier versions of Evernote 
- In tables, if you triple clicked to select the content and then cut, you would be unable to focus on the cell
- If you added a new checklist item in the middle of an existing checklist, one character of a checklist item might be unexpectedly deleted

• Like 2

40 replies to this idea

doonyakka    2
Just now, Jason Miller said:

Is this a table with in a table?

The original email is a standard Amazon.com receipt. Evernote now clips all HTML emails as tables within tables.

I've just noticed that emails that previously looked okay, have now been squished, as with this Apple receipt from a week ago:

screenshot.png

Was the old-style note link wiped out in this release? Used to be that pressing ALT while looking at the Note Menu would provide an alternate (old school) evernote:// link. Now it seems to be limited to the http:// links. 

Barry

Jason Miller    84
7 minutes ago, barrymcbride said:

Was the old-style note link wiped out in this release? Used to be that pressing ALT while looking at the Note Menu would provide an alternate (old school) evernote:// link. Now it seems to be limited to the http:// links. 

Barry

If I hit option (alt) when I right click, it says copy classic note link (do you see?)

Which gives me evernote:///view/....

Jason Miller    84
1 minute ago, barrymcbride said:

Yes, I see it on right-click. The behavior seems gone from the top menu bar on the Mac, though. 

Barry

Got it, it feels like the command/option is legacy 

lonewolf    10
On 2017/04/05 at 10:30 PM, Jason Miller said:

If I hit option (alt) when I right click, it says copy classic note link (do you see?)

Which gives me evernote:///view/....

@Jason Miller The classic note link is such a useful option. Why isn't there a keyboard shortcut for it?

I almost always want to use classic link (evernote://...) instead of the http link.

doonyakka    2

9 hours ago, lonewolf said:

@Jason Miller The classic note link is such a useful option. Why isn't there a keyboard shortcut for it?

I almost always want to use classic link (evernote://...) instead of the http link.

I wrote an AppleScript that gets the Note Link of the currently selected note in Evernote, converts it to the Classic schema, and copies it to the clipboard. I use it with Keyboard Maestro, but it should work with any launcher, like Alfred, FastScripts, or even the built-in Scripts menu. The regular expression is kludgy, so I thought it would break often, but I've been using it since EN switched to the HTTP format for note links as default, with no issues.

tell application "Evernote"
	set _sel to selection
	if _sel  {} then
		set theNote to first item of _sel
		set theURL to (note link of theNote)
	end if
end tell
set ENcode to "echo \"" & theURL & "\" | sed -E 's#https?://www.evernote.com/shard/(..)/(..)?/([0-9]*)/(.*-.*-.*-.*-.*)/?.*#evernote:///view/\\3/s2/\\4\\4#' | tr '\\n' ' ' | tr -d '[[:space:]]' | pbcopy"
do shell script ENcode

• Like 1

upnix    6

Bug -

• Create a bulleted list
  • Paste a URL in (it turns blue for me)
  • "Shift+Enter" for a new non-bulleted item
  • Type text

The first letter on the non-bulleted line will be part of the above link. I've attached a screenshot of it

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 9.23.31 AM.png

1 minute ago, upnix said:

Bug -

• Create a bulleted list
  • Paste a URL in (it turns blue for me)
  • "Shift+Enter" for a new non-bulleted item
  • Type text

The first letter on the non-bulleted line will be part of the above link. I've attached a screenshot of it

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 9.23.31 AM.png

Thanks for reporting this.

prjna    6
On 2017. 4. 1. at 오전 0시 39분, upnix said:

Small bug -

If you open a note in its own window, then change the name of the note, the window (the OS window) won't reflect the new name until the window is reopened.

I find this is a problem mostly when I create a new note with Cmd+n. I have a window called "Untitled" regardless of what I name the note.

Otherwise it's looking good so far!

Edit - Using links to browse through notes in a window will also not cause the window title to change. Can be confusing.

I have the same problem with this.

I hope it will be fixed.

PeteHarris    1

Is there (or can there be) a static page for the latest Beta download? Where do we look to see what the very latest Beta is?

DTLow    2,225
7 hours ago, PeteHarris said:

Where do we look to see what the very latest Beta is?

5924410c11176_ScreenShot2017-05-23at7_01_00AM.png.aa85423cba24c058a65281b6940f1a54.png    59244115c1f74_ScreenShot2017-05-23at7_00_34AM.png.7e26224938306e7adfc8f363e1497dce.png

EdH    1,049
10 hours ago, PeteHarris said:

Is there (or can there be) a static page for the latest Beta download? Where do we look to see what the very latest Beta is?

You download the latest available beta from your installed version of Evernote as long as you have elected to receive betas in your preferences/options. Just check for updates. If there are none, you have the latest.

EdH    1,049

I have to say, tabs are not great. I have a 2015 Macbook, so not the fastest processor around to be sure, but I've been using EN on it for 2 years with nary a stutter. Until I opened 10 notes in tabs - needed to bounce back and forth.

There was so much stuttering and pausing i just closed all of the tabs and moved around the different notes the old way. I haven't seen this much stuttering in Evernote since I used it on Windows when I had my entire 8GB database locally stored.

Anyone else seeing this with the new Tabs?