How I use EN as a Student

GiacomoLaw

• Level 5*

It's a good introduction but you'll get more useful feedback from your readers on the page than us older nerds.  You might want to caution against creating too many new notebooks (that 250 limit again) unless that's already in your other posts.

:)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

Just sharing a post I wrote about using EN as a student: http://www.thenerdystudent.com/2017/03/evernote-for-students.html

What do you think? Do you use it in a different way or have any ideas that would be better?

Thanks for sharing

I so wish I had these tools in my student days (iPad/Evernote/Drafts/Workflow....)
I had to make do with pen and paper:(
Too late for me, but I'm following up to get my granddaughter prepared - she'll be the most efficient student in her kindergarten class

I'm a tag person, so your use of notebooks caused a concern, but it all made sense when you went on to say it was current year, and then archived

Your use of Workflow and Drafts was interesting for automatic title and tags.  I'll follow up on that to use in my workflow.  Kudos on retrieving the subject from your calendar

Regarding the note titles. 
My standard would be <subject> <date> <description>
With <subject> being Physics/Biology/...  and <description> would be lesson plan title 
I like the title being complete, without having to refer to the metadata for additional info

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2017 at 5:57 PM, DTLow said:

I'm a tag person, so your use of notebooks caused a concern, but it all made sense when you went on to say it was current year, and then archived

I only keep those notebooks, so it's just nine of them. When I finish a subject, I move all the notes into my .Cabinet notebook (that's the point of the tags), and then remove the notebook.

Having a separate notebook for each subject keeps it a lot  more simple to use, and means that you can search in a specific subject for notes. :) 

Well done! Nice post, easy to get and read. What about going into more details? :) I am sure you know more Evernote tips and trick which can be useful for other students. Something like this. That is a just small suggestion but I did not use Evernote as a student, so do not judge me too strict, please  :blush: I found it and thought it can be a good idea for you.

Archived